Marilee: New Kid on the Block

Jade

I announced myself in the youth section, but I also want to introduce myself here 'cause I know all of you awesome parents will be checking this out.

I am 12 years old and in Australia for a year and 3 months now. I want to share my story so other kids can learn and know they're not the only ones cause I felt like I was the only one.

I will write more in the youth section, so if you have kids, please tell them to check it out! I also want to hear what they have to say.

Guest Seoul Sister

Hey there Marilee, :lol:

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for joining us and for coming to help other kids by sharing your experiences. I am sure you will be helping loads of younger ppl, but probably some parents too, :) since it is not always easy to know how our children are feeling when moving to a new country.

I am a mom and have two boys (4 and 6 years old) so they are still a bit young for the forum. Great to have you on board.

Enjoy your weekend.

Love from Korea

Seoul Sister

:lol:

Edited by Seoul Sister

Brilliant.... I will tell our boy to have a look. Interesting for us parents to know what happens in our children's lives as well :lol:

(Wat 'n pragtige nooi!) :lol:

It would be brilliant if you can "entice" the kids to participate on this forum. They are afterall part and parcel of the move to a foreign country, part of the disruption and very much a part of adapting to a new home and lifestyle. If it is difficult for us, even more so for them.

Ek sien daarna uit om jou bydraes te lees.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you make some friends here too. My kids are also a bit young to take part and if they do they will probably tell you all about their life in New Zealand stories. :)

Welcome! Our youngest member yet. So great to see that the young also have a interest to discuss immigration topics.

Looking forward to reading you views and hopefully soon we can have a nice young crowd.

Welkom by die forum Marilee! Dis baie nice dat jy kom registreer het, soos Janneman gesê het, immigrasie is vir die hele gesin, en ek dink dis baie belangrik dat julle ook vertel hoe julle die "move" ervaar het. Ek sal bietjie hier by my kjênners ook vra dat hulle bietjie saamgesels en vir julle vertel van hoe dit in Kanada is.

Hmmm, Janneman ek het al menigmaal gedink om die forums in te span vir 'n "matchmaker" diens! :)

Hmmm, Janneman ek het al menigmaal gedink om die forums in te span vir 'n "matchmaker" diens! :)

Ja, en hoekom nie?! Ekself het juis twee 12-jarige seuns... ;):D