Rather silly q

ronfire

Having never done the Perth-Albany drive along Route 30 (Albany Highway), can anyone here tell me whether I can be in Albany before dusk, if I were to leave Perth (Joondalup) at 3pm (latest 3.30pm) on a Friday afternoon? Does it really take 5 1/2 hrs, as Google Maps says?

It is a long drive and the google estimate is a little on the long side but still round about there. Alot of the route drops to 80 through the towns and this slows you down. We went from Mandurah to Jurien Bay and Google says 4h36 min. we did 4h20 there and 4h00 back.

It is a long drive and the google estimate is a little on the long side but still round about there. Alot of the route drops to 80 through the towns and this slows you down. We went from Mandurah to Jurien Bay and Google says 4h36 min. we did 4h20 there and 4h00 back.

Thanks, Jordy. So, basically, I'd be pushing it trying to leave here at 3.30pm, and with a pregnant wife, we'd be stopping more than usual.

Okay, Saturday morning it is, then.

Thanks!

Congrats on the baby. If you wanna see what screws up your travel times in Aus just wait till that little bundle of joy arrives. Feeding, burping and cuddling when the baby cries cant happen while you drive. So you have to stop on the side of the road to undo seat belts.

We did this route - it was pretty long, about 4,5 to 5 hours and you don't want to rush - it is so beautiful in so many places! The forests that you drive through are magnificent! (With 2 under 3's in car, stopped a lot!) Enjoy your trip = I am jealous!

Archived