The dreaded CV

Michele R

Hello,

Hubby is considering having someone write up his CV for him, as companies just haven't been getting back to him. He's looking for an IT Business Analyst type role, as he finished his MBA last year and feels he wants to move away from developing. Any ideas with regards to what to do about the CV? He's written it in the Aussie format, but perhaps he's missing something.

Else, if anyone is willing to have a look at it, we'd greatly appreciate it. In fact, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Michele

We are moving your side mid May - and were also wondering about tips for our CV's. I couldnt beleive the format differ so much from here in SA.

If you have any advice that will also be greatly appreciated.

The biggest bit of advice, that a lot of people have given us over the past, is when applying for a particular job you 1. Write a covering letter responding exactly to what they require, and number 2. Tailor your CV to the specific requirements of the job...

I am sure there is much better advice - but this seems to be a common thing that everyone mentions.

Hello,

Hubby is considering having someone write up his CV for him, as companies just haven't been getting back to him. He's looking for an IT Business Analyst type role, as he finished his MBA last year and feels he wants to move away from developing. Any ideas with regards to what to do about the CV? He's written it in the Aussie format, but perhaps he's missing something.

Else, if anyone is willing to have a look at it, we'd greatly appreciate it. In fact, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Michele, I used someone to write my CV the australian way. I am also in IT. For different circumstances I did not apply for many jobs yet. When I wrote the CV I was still in JHB. It was not cheap, I think I paid about 200 dollars. If you want her details please let me know.

Andrea

Hi there,

www.careerone.com.au has a very helpful and comprehensive section with advise on resumes, covering letters, interviews and more. They also have sample resumes. Have a look at http://www.careerone.com.au/news-advice/re...esume-templates

Resume tips at http://www.careerone.com.au/news-advice/re...basics-20071209

Hope that helps.

z

Archived