Aldinga Beach

Red

To anyone in Adelaide - if you haven't managed to come across Aldinga beach - it is really worth a drive.

We have been going fairly often since our first visit there some months ago.

It is kayak and kid friendly - sometimes enough of a wave for the kids to catch... and best of all you can park your car right on the beach.

I am not sure if you always have to pay to go in because recently they have charged a $5 entrance fee... which is WELL worth it!

We've even had dolphins swimming right near us!

Aldinga is about 65kms South from Adelaide city....

Aldinga.jpg

Wow....AWESOME!!!

Nice to see you still around, lol.

We have not been to Adelaide. :blink: It is such a pity, because it reminds me more and more of my home town.... Port Elizabeth

Does anybody know how PE and Adelaide compares/relate?

Driving through Adelaide will remind you of many places. The area that reminds me the most about PE is the area around the airport, Glenelg and west beach. My in-laws used to live in PE and when we landed that was my first impression from the taxi ride trough the suburbs. Especially the old style houses etc. Driving through the Burnside, Kensington area reminds me again for the eastern Pretoria suburbs. The beauty of it is that it is so diverse and you don't have to drive far to get it. 30 mins in any direction and you'll see what I mean :blink::cry:

We have not been to Adelaide. :) It is such a pity, because it reminds me more and more of my home town.... Port Elizabeth

Does anybody know how PE and Adelaide compares/relate?

Hi Red/Kirsten

How about "publishing" some photos (taken with that fancy camera of yours) of my favourite beach down south, Port Willunga - you cannot drive on the beach though so you are safe from the hoons there :ilikeit:

Beautiful white sand strewn with shells and beautiful pebbles in places....

Cheers!

Enjoy.

Manny

Ah gotta love the beaches around Adelaide!

There is some places as we drive through that even remind me of places in Bulawayo and Harare.

How about "publishing" some photos (taken with that fancy camera of yours) of my favourite beach down south, Port Willunga

Here is the view looking down over Port Willunga

DSC05890.jpg

Adelaide is the "Best Kept Secret" City of Australia ? I think somebody on the forum has said that ?

Hello Kirsten

Thought that I would post some photos taken on Boxing day at Port Willunga Beach, when the boys were visiting - Christmas 2010. The "toppie" with the red shirt is..... me

post-2113-1266280963.jpg

post-2113-1266281015.jpg

post-2113-1266281049.jpg

Wow!!!

The beaches are lovely, this is making us even more excited!!

Our 475 application is in, State Sponsorship approved 27 Jan 2010, so now we are waiting....

But Adelaide here we come!! Will hopefully be enjoying those safe and beautifull beaches with you all before the end of 2010.

Excellent photos guys!!

I love the beaches around Adelaide!! :)

We spent boxing day at Port Hughes.. Dont have many photos though sadly!! Its such a good place to take the family camping.

:):)

Excellent photos guys!!

I love the beaches around Adelaide!! :blush:

We spent boxing day at Port Hughes.. Dont have many photos though sadly!! Its such a good place to take the family camping.

:):)

The beach at Port Hughes (Yorke Peninsula - on the Spencer Gulf) is beautiful and the caravan park/campsite is literally on the beach.... :)

Port Hughes is about a two hour drive (+=170kms) from the Adelaide CBD.

Pleased to "hear" that you enjoyed Port Hughes....Moonta Bay "up the road" is also nice and one of the local cafes/bakery's in Moonta makes great "homemade" pies/pasties. :unsure:

Enjoy!

Manny

The beach at Port Hughes (Yorke Peninsula - on the Spencer Gulf) is beautiful and the caravan park/campsite is literally on the beach.... :holy:

Port Hughes is about a two hour drive (+=170kms) from the Adelaide CBD.

Pleased to "hear" that you enjoyed Port Hughes....Moonta Bay "up the road" is also nice and one of the local cafes/bakery's in Moonta makes great "homemade" pies/pasties. :ilikeit:

Enjoy!

Manny

Absaloutely Manny!!

When we go out to these places we spend lots of time driving around and exploring the area - love Port Hughes too.

the first place we went camping here was Normaville - that too was amazing with the camp site just over the dune from the beach - the water is a little colder though down that end.

Yes - I have also heard that Adelaide is Australia's best kept secret!!

:ilikeit::lol:

Absaloutely Manny!!

When we go out to these places we spend lots of time driving around and exploring the area - love Port Hughes too.

the first place we went camping here was Normaville - that too was amazing with the camp site just over the dune from the beach - the water is a little colder though down that end.

Yes - I have also heard that Adelaide is Australia's best kept secret!!

:holy::ilikeit:

Normanville is also one of my favourites. I assume that you camped at the Normanville Beachside Caravan Park - beautiful beach there. Next time you are down there try the Devonshire tea (tea and scones - "homemade") at the Court House Cafe..... :ilikeit:

Have you been to Horseshoe Bay in Port Elliot and had fish and chips from the Flying Fish Cafe.......................... on the beach ?? :lol::lol:

Enjoy!

Manny

Normanville is also one of my favourites. I assume that you camped at the Normanville Beachside Caravan Park - beautiful beach there. Next time you are down there try the Devonshire tea (tea and scones - "homemade") at the Court House Cafe..... :ilikeit:

Have you been to Horseshoe Bay in Port Elliot and had fish and chips from the Flying Fish Cafe.......................... on the beach ?? :ilikeit::blink:

Enjoy!

Manny

Yeah that's the one Manny!

I will certainly go looking for those scones next time we go there ;)

Hmm.. no havently been to horseshoe bay yet - will do some research and try get out there. Mind you March there is a long weekend, might make the most of that ! :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

Archived