• Stranded

• Riekie

• Marius & Euneze

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

South Australia..... :holy:

I'm stumped... but i like this game!!!

Edited to add:

The Whyalla Maritime Museum complex consists of the former HMAS Whyalla, museum building and Australian native plants garden.

The museum was established in 1988 when the first ship built at the Whyalla's BHP shipyards in 1941 - HMAS Whyalla - was permanently landlocked two kilometres from the sea. The museum collection's strength is in the naval history of four World War Two corvettes constructed in Whyalla, BHP shipbuilding industry and natural history and maritime heritage of the upper Spencer Gulf.

The Whyalla Maritime Museum re-opened in June 2003 after extensive renovations. The World War II display tells the story of the four corvettes that were built in Whyalla, there is a BHP shipbuilding exhibition and a display of the natural history and early maritime heritage of the upper Spencer Gulf. There is also information about the shipbuilding process and about the geology and geography of the region, shipwrecks in the Spencer Gulf and marine species.

So can I post a photo?? And does it have to be taken by me?

Edited by Red

Red heads ARE more intelligent!!! :holy: You're right!!! Now it's your turn..... (Does not have to be taken by you as long as you have the permission to use it).

Waar is Sydney? Vêr van Perth af?

Al wat ek weet is dat die Sydney hier êrens naby Geraldton gesink het?!

Rieks baie dankie vir die post, ek geniet dit terwyl ek die krieket score dophou!

Is this the Swansea jetty in Tasmania?

Nope...

Many a travel we have done...

However Tasmania, is not one.

The clue was South, and you can choose...

it's near the heat that's been in the news....

Riekie... how many clues can we give, and when do you tell people...

Red,

Seems like the causeway at Victor. Picture taken from the island.

And right you are!!! Your turn now....

Well done,

red!

So I guess one could say Australia only has one leg to stand on.

A Cornish Pasty can be had here.....

Edited to comply with the 'rules'.

I don't know where that is and it doesn't look like anybody else does either...

Edited by woodag

Riekie... how many clues can we give, and when do you tell people...

You can give as many clues as you want and when it it seems that ppl have given up, you could give the answer - it's a "low rules" game, just go with the flow.

The idea however is to only have one game (and place) going at a time otherwise it gets confusing, so if anyone wants to have a "turn", they'll have to get it right or wait 'till everyone gave up. The person who "runs" the game, announces the winner and then the could post another photo. If they don't want to, they could leave it up to anyone else : first come, first serve. This is what's making the game exciting!

Enjoy! :ilikeit:

PS: To get it back on track - let's guess where Arthur's photo was taken. (Woodag, give it a go, then you're next! :blush: )

Arthur, I'm thinking somewhere on the Yorke Peninsula? (The one leg was a good tip!! :ilikeit: ) Have no idea WHERE though....

That was far too clever. It is indeed Moonta Bay on the Copper Coast (Yorke Peninsula). So over to you Avida well done.

OK then.....

I was thinking of a different country altogether when I saw these invaders from South Africa. This garden is full of them. Where do you think it is? I'll make it easy by telling you it is in NSW.

post-219-1233988411.jpg

Botanical Gardens somewhere?....

Looks like a Japanese garden

Alida, you are right on track there!

So where is it? I already said it was in NSW, and to make it really easy, the town where it is located is in the Lachlan river valley.

Oh, and Wikipedia tells me that Aussies often incorrectly call those South Africans in the first photo diosma. I'm no botanist, but they are some kind of coleonema, which come from the western Cape.

Hey woodag

I am not in Oz yet, and not familiar with any landmarks.

So, I am actually "cheating" by using tips from people with better ideas than mine, and then deduct my answers by reading up on the Internet ..... :lol:

(Riekie & the rest, I hope this not "against the rules of the game"?) :lol:

My deducted answer is thus the Cowra Japanese Garden, which looks lovely by the way!

(You made it easier with your second photo & all the tips, woodag!)

A