najan: Hello everybody, Newbeez

najan

Hello everybody,

We are new to this wonderful and exciting forum. Thanks to the Forum we have gained a lot of knowledge, tips and ideas so far.

We (myself, hubby and our baby) have decided to start with the process of moving to OZ. We are only at the beginning of the whole process - awaiting our passports, unabridged birth cert. and also the unabridged marriage cert.

I am in the Medical Profession (Qualified Biomedical Technologist), testing blood samples in Laboratories (for those of you that have done your medicals - I have dealt with a lot those type of tests).

My husband is in IT field - he has been working in the field for the last 10 years.

We have decided to apply for Visa (175 subclass), my husband will be the main applicant. I would like to find out if anyone has had a BSc. Computer Science degree assessed? What were the outcomes? How long does the assessment take? What is the possibility of getting a positive assessment?

Computer Professionals are also on the Critical Skills List - Has anyone applied for the 175 Visa that holds a BSc. Computer Science degree (from UNISA)?

Hope to hear from someone soon

Many thanks

Nadia&Juan

Welcome to the forum, najan ! Take a deeeeeep breath for the road ahead, it's a real emotional roller coaster. Enjoy the forum company ! You need to make sure of which kind of Computer Professionals are listed on the CSL. My husband is also a Computer Professional, but his skills set is not currently on the CSL. So it depends on his skills set. We are still awaiting hubby's CSA - Computer Skills Association - results. Have been waiting now for almost four months, so be patient.

Welcome guys. Why are you going the long route? Would it not be better, with both your skills to rather go the route of ENS? I am sure that with such professions you would easily find companies willing do the ENS.

Welcome

I am 2 modules away from my Bsc Degree Computer Science but in dealing with a lady at ACS, she said with the degree plus the 15 years development experience I have the process would be plain sailing. I did skills assessment without the degree and it was ok. I did it in June 2008 so there was no CSL at the time so the code I applied for is not on the CSL. Make sure yours is!

Hi, Cramer -

How long did you wait for the ACS to complete ?

Welcome Najan. You'll find this forum to be VERY useful.

Good luck with the process...

It's so worth it.

Welcome to the forum, najan ! Take a deeeeeep breath for the road ahead, it's a real emotional roller coaster. Enjoy the forum company ! You need to make sure of which kind of Computer Professionals are listed on the CSL. My husband is also a Computer Professional, but his skills set is not currently on the CSL. So it depends on his skills set. We are still awaiting hubby's CSA - Computer Skills Association - results. Have been waiting now for almost four months, so be patient.

Thanks for the info Alida - I heard that the CSL is going to change on the 8 Feb 2010 - do you know anything about it.

Looks like it can take a while to get those results - Good luck!!!

Nadia

Welcome

I am 2 modules away from my Bsc Degree Computer Science but in dealing with a lady at ACS, she said with the degree plus the 15 years development experience I have the process would be plain sailing. I did skills assessment without the degree and it was ok. I did it in June 2008 so there was no CSL at the time so the code I applied for is not on the CSL. Make sure yours is!

Hello Cramer

Thanks for the information - we have already verified that he's got skills required on the CSL.

What is the procedure to get the qualification assessed? If you have more than one qualification do you need to assess them all, and are there

additional costs involved for the extra qualifications?

Many thanks

Nadia

Welcome guys. Why are you going the long route? Would it not be better, with both your skills to rather go the route of ENS? I am sure that with such professions you would easily find companies willing do the ENS.

Thanks Jordy

Will definitely look into the ENS - just need to do some reading about that first to see whether you can get PR etc.

Many thanks

Nadia

AGREED, If you husband is not on the CSL would seriously suggest other options which might be speedier .... the wait for the visa can be quite emotional!

Have you considered you Medical skills as a main , http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/, is the list of all the job codes... once you know check:

Critical Skills List

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-ski...skills-list.pdf

Migration Occupations in Demand List (MODL)

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-ski...s-in-demand.htm

But as you said things might change tomorrow!

Hi, Cramer -

How long did you wait for the ACS to complete ?

About 12 weeks as they stated

Thanks Jordy

Will definitely look into the ENS - just need to do some reading about that first to see whether you can get PR etc.

Many thanks

Nadia

Nadia the ENS and RSMS are Permanent visas.

see http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/ens/ and http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/rsms/ for details of the ones I am suggesting.

As a highly skilled medical person I would guess that you would find work far quicker than your husband in IT when looking from RSA. In your negotiations you ask your employer to sponsor you on one of the above visas.

The record for processing the above visas is 3 days. and voila permanent resident in no time. Beats the years and years of waiting through the independant route

Hi Nadia & Juan,

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your visa process.

Kind regards

Sharese

I would look to see if either of you can get a job over here as they have increased the ENS visas by 50%. Chris Evans has made it quite clear that they will be changing policy so that those whose skills are in demand and can't be filled by Australians are given priority and alot of other 175 visa applicants are going to fall off the list or have a very long wait.

I am sure both you and husband could start looking at sponsorship.

Good Luck

Nadia the ENS and RSMS are Permanent visas.

see http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/ens/ and http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/rsms/ for details of the ones I am suggesting.

As a highly skilled medical person I would guess that you would find work far quicker than your husband in IT when looking from RSA. In your negotiations you ask your employer to sponsor you on one of the above visas.

The record for processing the above visas is 3 days. and voila permanent resident in no time. Beats the years and years of waiting through the independant route

Hi Jordy

Many thanks for the great info.

Nadia

Hi Nadia & Juan,

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your visa process.

Kind regards

Sharese

Thank you very much Sharese.

I would look to see if either of you can get a job over here as they have increased the ENS visas by 50%. Chris Evans has made it quite clear that they will be changing policy so that those whose skills are in demand and can't be filled by Australians are given priority and alot of other 175 visa applicants are going to fall off the list or have a very long wait.

I am sure both you and husband could start looking at sponsorship.

Good Luck

Hello

That would be great.

thank you very much

Nadia&Juan

Archived