Garrick's Mini-Migration Blog

Garrick

Hi,

I got 3 wrong.... :blush-anim-cl:

• Like 1

LOL OubaasDik, too true! But that is because I also got 100%, as did my son, poor hubby got a hard time for getting one wrong. :king:

Congrats Garrick!

• Like 1

btw, the lady 2 desks down from me got 50% on her first go. They let her go again. I think you can try as many time within your timeslot before you must wait for another try later. You don't have to pay more, ever, just can only try so many times at the same sitting.

-G

Garrick, I was told by someone I know that you could do the test as many times as you want to pass it, in your time slot. When I did mine I asked the lady and she said that was incorrect, you only have one go....then you have to rebook...so that was a shock, for us it was an almost 600km round trip, wouldn't have been happy if I had failed..

Hey Jill, guess it's down to the moderator. Just saying what I saw firsthand. The website does say you can redo it on the same day if possible.

-G

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Our ceremony is scheduled for next month.

-G

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well, that's it? Done. Dusted. Australian citizens.

-G

Congratulations Garrick :)

Congrats!

Can't wait to do this. Congrats!

• 7 months later...

Thought I'd come back for another short post. It's hard to believe that this week will be 5 years since Michelle and Amy joined me in Aus. 5 years in which I have never left this country (bar 1 short cruise) and have not touch African soil.

I think that even after being away for 5 years, a small part of me will always miss Africa...the people, the cultures, the land. I've joined a CFA and am undergoing my bushfire training. I'm involved in my community here and am back to the role I would have stepped into when I left South Africa and the work is as challenging and rewarding. Thank's to Bri's husband's design, I've made my own biltong maker. I've started to support Australian Cricket and am 50/50 on the rugby side of things.

It's not been an easy 5 years. There have been challenges, but we're through the woods and life is much better now. So persevere if you're having a hard time.

-G

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Thanks for sharing your journey. I am sure you have helped countless people