st Ives Wifes.. Can you trust them - I think not!!

Badgeroo

Well it was a calm humid and hot Sydney morning...well it was.

It all started with my eleven year old daughter asking for money(again) for SIMS( a pc game). Who, on hearing my answer, decided she needed a paper round. This is how we got to her fetching the post.

Well, said post, which was made up of a newspaper and some advertizing pamphlets, sat on our lounge coffee table for about half an before my wife started reading through it all after morning coffee.

Now at this point it should be noted my wife is sitting about 3 meters from me.

I'm in shorts and quite sleepy....

NEXT thing, theres a loud, petrified, wailing banshee shriek! Now, my mind works pretty fast and on a subconscious level is processing about 4 things at the same time. Something heavy has hit my chest, my wife is moon stepping/bounding in the opposite direction(still screaming) out the lounge, the suspicion that something evil has hit my chest, sudden anger at my wife(who is defining "every woman for herself") and the fact that I need to take evasive action of some sort.

At this point my manly defensive reactions kick in (which consists of my doing a sort of epileptic fit and accomplishing zero gravitational floatation abilities and a monkey dance(my wifes description)). At some point I look down to register whats going one, and this is the thing, I cant quite remember as its all a haze, but its a frikking huge giant hairy spider! Which has just gone from somewhere about my chest region to the floor between my legs and is on the move!

The spider is about 8 centimetres across and seems about a meter wide. So I take off after my wife(with whom I am still pretty angry).

Well my little eleven year old girl has a fit, after seeing this and finding she has carried it in the house. Basically my wife found the spider by leafing through and advertising pamphlet(which makes me pretty happy for some reason). Perhaps she will never read adverts again?

Safe to say, the house is now in deathcon 4 mode, screen doors shut, everything sprayed and every item inspected suspiciously before handled.

See picture of monster below. (I had quite a few but they were all blurry as I was quivering)

Monster spider here!

To fun, I am just grateful that I am not scared of spiders, otherwise I would be quivering everyday.

I can totally imagine the dance! :ilikeit:

However, I would TOTALLY freak out - and I KNOW it's bound to happen to me - loads of times - in the near future.

But still, in essence, these guys are harmless compared to the 'creatures' that can attack you and your family here in S.A.

To : St Ives Kid

Tip 1 - Hit the post at least 4 times against a tree before taking it into the house.

Tip 2 - Make sure dad reads the post first.

• 4 weeks later...

I am totally petrified of spiders and am not looking forward to this aspect of immigrating to Sydney....especially St Ives is where we plan to be! They say that regular spraying does this trick...I really hope so! Anybody have any useful ideas on how to keep the crreepy crawlies at bay?

I am totally petrified of spiders and am not looking forward to this aspect of immigrating to Sydney....especially St Ives is where we plan to be! They say that regular spraying does this trick...I really hope so! Anybody have any useful ideas on how to keep the crreepy crawlies at bay?

I've seen Raid advertise a pest control timer spray that you can fit in your house on the wall - runs off batteries I think, and can stick to the wall (for keeping away from children).

-G

Thanks for the laugh!!...these babies LOVE postboxes...met one in between the pamphlets myself when we just arrived...saw it crawling out of the pile VERY close to my hand as i walked into the front door...

Needless to say ; Natalie -1 Spider -0

:lol:

Spiders are evil and they must die. All of them. :lol:

I don’t care if they “eat other bugs†– leave that job to frogs, lizards and chameleons.

LOL..

Had a similar encounter in Melbourne.. Went bike riding to the local mall and as I was walking in a giant spider came crawling over my shoulder.. Nearly had a fit..

Think it came along for the ride either in my helmet (EEW!!) or maybe jumped on me on the way.. Hubby certainly did not see it until I was having this weird dance in front of Harris Scarfe..

I now check my helmet very good from all angles before bringing it close to my hair...

Think spider is called a Huntsman and is apparently a very good jumper!!

But luckily I survived!!

Loved your post! :lol:

It was so funny, lol.

The spider is pretty scary, eeeuuuw!

lmao, its only a huntsman. bwahahahaha

you made me log in just to see a huntsman, lol.

tsk, thought it was something fun like a funnel web.

yahyah - wait till i post my video and pictures of the St Ives Leeches..! We found on my 11 year old daughter...

think about that ladies :ilikeit:

Archived