Optometrists in Sydney

Candide

Hi,

Can anyone recommend their optometrist in Sydney (name and details)? How do they fair with South African optometrist standards and do they do the same comprehensive eye tests?

Candide

Hi Candide, I just had my eyes tested on Saturday actually - so I can tell you exactly what they do!!

Its pretty much exactly as it is in SA, although I seem to recall my SA optometrist having a computer screen with an enlarged picture of my eyeball :blush: - they didnt do that this time round, but its pretty much the same all round.

I used Blink as they do bulk billing. They have a branch in our local Westfield so it was pretty simple really.

PM me if you want any further details - but I had no issues with Blink. I need new lenses so I will be picking my glasses up on Thursday night (late night shopping)... my glasses are just for reading and the computer though - nothing hectic. So it takes a few days for them to fit the lenses.

They have spec savers here too, so if you feel more comfortable with an internationally recognised company, then search for one of their branches as I am sure it will be std procedure throughout their company.

• 1 month later...

Finally went to MC Eyecare optometrist as that is where I found a suitable pair of spectacles.

Candide

Archived