FREE furniture to go

Pangolin

Hi All,

I'm in the process of emptying a one bedroom apartment in Mosman, Sydney. (That's on the lower North Shore). I will have a jar for donations to 'Kids For A Cure' (Cancer) :D in stead of setting a price on anything, so you pay what you choose or nothing if you are a cash strapped newbie :) . The main thing is, I need help to empty the place quickly! Everything must go, including:

Samsung front loader washer/drier (cost $1000 new)

Samsung upright fridge/freezer 600mm wide x 1500mm high (cost $600 new)

Queen size bed mattress (like new condition) with thick fitted undersheet

Dark purple duvet cover set, fitted sheet, duvet, pillows, plus spare duvet set in light blue.

Bath towels

Queen size white IKEA base (damaged when assembled but good to use)

Two bed side tables (part of white IKEA set)

One bedroom chest of drawers (part of white IKEA set)

One lounge chair (lightweight IKEA scandinavian design)

One small two seater IKEA fold-up sleeper couch

Two IKEA lounge retro round side tables (small diam approx 300mm)

One IKEA TV stand (approx 300mm high, 600mm wide)

Round exercise trampoline diameter approximately 1.2m

Electric fan (white)

Four small Indian cotton rugs (colourful striped)

One large cotton rug light green (approx 1.2x 2.5m)

Kitchen electrical equipment: red toaster & jug kettle; iron & ironing board;

Kitchen pots and pans, knife set, stainless steel spatula set etc.

Assortment of colourful mono-colour mugs, large and medium size

White mugs, dinner plates and bowls (four of each)

Wine glasses x 4

IKEA cutlery set (stainless steel with black handles)

More miscellaneous items

All the furniture is in good condition, light and airy in design and will suit a small apartment. Please call me on 042 023 4141 or let a friend know. I have tried various options and even the Salvos need two weeks warning for a pickup. This is URGENT. Please HELP! Everything must go in the next two days and it would be a pity to get a skip to take it all away, not to mention more money down the drain! :o

Pangolin

Wow! How generous...makes me wish I was in Sydney! :D Good luck with it, hope you get a great response!

Extremely generous - I really hope someone takes advantage of your offer. I'm tempted to fly to Sydney just so I can have furniture ready for when we move later in 2010 :D

ALL GONE! Thanks guys!

Thanks to Brendan and Jeanine who helped clean out the apartment within a few hours of posting the advert - not really generous at all - anything to do with labour like moving stuff from A to B costs a lot! I suspect outsiders are taken advantage of to a degree as well. I was quoted $800 minimum to move the contents of a one bedroom apartment into storage and then another $250 a month storage cost on top of that. You then presumably pay another $800 to have it taken to a new apartment. If you work it out, it doesn't rally pay to store IKEA furniture for any length of time as it is quite cheap to replace. The owner of the apartment's contents isn't sure when or if she will ever return to Australia. Second hand dealers are also a cheeky bunch and have "appointment books". I really didn't have the time nor the energy to screw around for a few dollars.

Regards,

Pangolin

Archived