Brisbane

HouseInOz

We have decided, failing finding a job anywhere else in Australia, we shall move to Brisbane around 12 June 2010. Our children will be at St Peters Lutheran College and we will rent somewhere close to school.

Any advice?

You will love it here, but wise to come when it is not so hot. Our furniture arrived during a heat wave, not the best welcome!!!

Just make sure you are mentally prepared for the AWESOMENESS of Queensland. :lol:

• 2 months later...

My husband and I have been in Brisbane for 1 month. He is in IT and got a job in our 3rd week here. I am in HR and Insurance and am yet to have an interview...I am now applying for Admin and PA jobs as I need to keep busy!! The main problem seems to be my qualifications not being recognised in Oz and its expensive to study again ;(

Good luck

Look at Brisbane Holiday Village for a place to rent, they are conveniently situated too - not sure in relation to the school though.

My husband and I have been in Brisbane for 1 month. He is in IT and got a job in our 3rd week here. I am in HR and Insurance and am yet to have an interview...I am now applying for Admin and PA jobs as I need to keep busy!! The main problem seems to be my qualifications not being recognised in Oz and its expensive to study again ;(

Good luck

Look at Brisbane Holiday Village for a place to rent, they are conveniently situated too - not sure in relation to the school though.

http://www.training.qld.gov.au/about/index.html

I had this problem and found this organisation. I could not get employed unitl I had an equivilence statement. I completed a form sent copies of all my diplomas certificates career history and CV and they sent me a certificate stating what it was equivelent to in Australai. Each stae has one of these but have links form the QLD site.

Before doing ANY study do this, because it was free and negated any requalification problems I had. Even if you do study here it could help to have this done

Archived