2010 East Rand "Coffee" Club

Serendipity

I am so excited about this get together that i have decided to give a mid-week update.

The current headcount is

ADULTS: 42

CHILDREN: 18

Almost time to put up the FLAGS, BALLOONS and BANNERS - we are all in for an AWESOME get together

We will also be celebrating SAAustralia's Birthday - the forum launched on the

5th February 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL AT SAAUSTRALIA

:lol::magic::jester::magic::jester:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BUMP AGAIN :lol:

PMB AND JHB are fighting for the top spot :jester:

If we get anymore people and synchronize our departure dates, we should be able to fill an emigration flight and get SERIOUS discount!!! Mind you, then we land and negotiate bulk discount on sim cards at the airport, move onto the bank in a bus and negotiate a corporate rate on the monthly fees...........if we have any energy left, we may be able to get a reduction on tax when we go register for TFN :lol::jester:

:lol: hahahahaha Craigsa - no harm in trying, sure the discounts will be huge :lol:

So happy that we can incorporate SAAUSTRALIA's Birthday - going to theme now . . . . :magic:

Happy Birthday SAAustralia!

Now we have a reason to celebrate, well those of us that have not got visa's yet anyhow.

Serendipity, not sure yet, but I might bring my two gremlins if my babysitter is not well by then????!!!!!

craigsa, you must be exhausted by the time you get to bed............you think WAY tooo much, lol. :lol::magic:

haha - You have no idea. I'm actually on prescription multi vitamins now that get my body to keep up with my mind, and then sleeping tablets to shut me down!!! You can ask Kat all about it.........It's not good, but I have no control over it!!

I am so excited about this get together that i have decided to give a mid-week update.

The current headcount is

ADULTS: 42

CHILDREN: 18

Almost time to put up the FLAGS, BALLOONS and BANNERS - we are all in for an AWESOME get together

We will also be celebrating SAAustralia's Birthday - the forum launched on the

5th February 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL AT SAAUSTRALIA

:):lol::):lol::)

bump

Hiya all

THANK YOU to everyone who will be making this get togther one to remember.

CONFIRMED HEADCOUNT is:

Adults: 44

Gremlins: 20

To refresh, below is the address and contact details of the venue:

Date: Sunday 7 February 2010 @ 13h00

VENUE: DROS

Eden Meadows Shopping Centre

Cnr. Van Riebeeck & Modderfontein Road

Edenvale - near Greenstone Mall

Tel: 011-452 1882

Seating: Upstairs - Follow the arrows from the entrance

As it is SAAUSTRALIA's 4TH BIRTHDAY TODAY

I have decided to incorporate this into our get together - yes i got us cake and some decor :whome:

HOW IT WILL WORK ON SUNDAY

NAMECARDS

All the namecards, incl children, have your forum names on, as well as your / their real name (so we get to know each other). They also have a number allocated, in order of RSVP - This is for Billing Purposes. The DROS really accommodates us and is happy to bill each family individually based on these numbers. Please ensure you have your nametags on at all times and where the waitrons can see your number.

This means you can spend as little or as much as you like, without worrying about the money side of things.

Please also keep in mind that Gratuity for your waitron is up to you

CHILDREN

There is a fenced off play area, downstairs and outside. The children have to make thier way there but considering the numbers they should be fine, we have had no problems at previous get togethers. They will be seated with us in the same private function area but at their own kiddies tables together. I would like to point out that, like with any public venue, you will be responsible for your own children.

As there are so many Gremlins this year, i am providing colouring crayons and pictures, if thats what they feel like doing and obviously it will all be Australia related ;) Also there will be a "Kangaroo Pouch" for each child, with a few sweeties in - this has become a Birthday Party after all :ilikeit:

PHOTO RELEASE PERMISSION

Last year no photo's were posted because of this ruling, which i totally agree with. So this year I will have a list of all Forum Members at the entrance, upstairs - please sign this on arrival, if you don't mind a few photo's being posted on this thread of the get together and possibly a Group photo to be published in the Sabona Magazine (I am still waiting for their reply, so it's not confirmed but just incase, at least i have it). I have also included a space for your email address, if you would like some photo's sending to you directly. Nothing fancy but i will admit now - i am a camera happy person :lol:

No photo's will be posted or published without prior consent. - only catch here is I hope i remember which forum name matches which faces

:wacko:

I have not given anyone my cell phone number for directions to the venue because to be honest I would have no idea on how to explain it - i only know one route, that's from my garage to the front door at the DROS, If you do need assistance, please rather call the DROS directly but if for any other reason you do want it please PM me.

Hope you are still awake after reading all of this, I feel like i have just written a book

:blink:

:jester::magic::jester::magic::jester:

See you on Sunday.

Think it's gonna be a great meeting, looking forward to seeing you all there. Lata.

TODAY IT IS . . . SEE YOU ALL LATER

Think we are in for an awesome JHB get together.

Had a great suggestion from Mrs Maritz, which will be introduced today, so be prepared to buff up on your immigration status ;)

Travel safely from where ever it is your coming from and see you @ 13:00

:ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :(:ilikeit:

A great get together - Thanks Serendipity.

It was great to meet and put a face to some of the characters I've come to know.

Great too to meet some forumites who have gone through the process and are now waiting to leave, good luck to you when you get to your new home.

cheers

Had a fantastic time meeting everyone......Very well organised. Thanks Serendipity (Sarah) for all your hard work in organizing everything. Make sure you get your visa before we fly, because I want to see the "We Got it Post"!!

Next get together - MELBOURNE!!! If we do it around June/July, we can watch the Soccer World Cup in Australia :ilikeit:

Our first SAAustralia get together for 2010 was a HUGE SUCCESS

:ilikeit:

Thank you to all the following Forum Members for being there

Mrs Maritz

Stranded

Craigsa

Kat B

Simpsons

Kyto (Key-Toe)

Ray1973

Di&Gary

Weidemans

Rassiemarie

Herby

Belter and your guests

g can't wait

trekarbeider

Piercefamily

FLO

johann35 and last but not least

Jackie & Sophia

For those of you who did RSVP and didn't make it - I am sure you had a good reason

Without all of you this would not have been possible, I really hope that you all

made some new friends and got to ask some of those burning questions you might of had.

Unfortunately we did not get a group photograph but I will attach a couple of snap shots that were taken asap - gotta figure out how to reduce them 1st - 4.5MB per photo aint gonna work (PM me if u know how pls) :unsure: .

It was the first Coffee Club I have hosted and look forward to hosting one in Melbourne in the near future.

All the best to everyone one of you with your current journeys.

SEE YOU ALL IN AUSTRALIA SOON!

Thanks for organizing today, Serendipity!

We had a great time and it was SOOOOO nice to meet a few forum peops!

Cant wait for the Melbourne get together. :ilikeit:

WoW WoW WoW.........Thanks so much Serendipity! and to all for coming. It was so nice to meet you guys again and some for the first time.

We really appreciated the info shared and we would like to wish all of you every success with your future adventure.

Regards

Kyto and family

BIG UP up to you Sarah, was very well organised :lol: ............but damn you we've got big shoes to fill now as far as forum meeting go :P

Was lekker meeting all those forumites who came too. Good luck to all those lucky buggers who have their visas! (I really envy all of u)

What can I say, I am so glad I am not arranging the next Coffee club, seeing that Serendipity set one hell of a benchmark!!! :lol:

The banner, the cake, the sweet packets for the kids!! So much effort and love! You Rock!! :P

Thank you for an awesome coffee club, really did appreciate all your effort. Nice meeting everyone and holding thumbs for Mrs Maritz, I know she will be selling the business THIS WEEK. And then she can return to all her loved ones! :lol:

Was nice to see Jackie and Sofia again, always good to know we have professionals backing us all the way to the New Homeland!! :P

Thanks again Serendipity and your Family that worked so hard to make the day special!! B)

Thanks a Mill!!!

Stranded

Oh I had a fantastic time :ilikeit: Really was good for my depressed state of mind :unsure:

Congratulations to Serendipity for organising an excellent get-together! You can feel so proud of yourself!! The banner and cake looked - and tasted, the cake, that is - fabulous!!

Sorry for all the people that had to listen to my non-stop ramblings about Australia.... but once I start talking about something that I truly love, it seems I cannot stop talking :unsure:

To all the people still waiting for their visas.... best of luck. I know this waiting process is extremely difficult, and sometimes you can feel so despondent and worried.... but hang in there.... your time will come and it will be oh, so worth the wait!

To all the people who have just applied or are still considering it.... go for it! Good luck with the whole process, and please, do not hesitate to ask questions!

To all the other lucky people who already have their visas.... congratulations and make the most of your time in South Africa... and ENJOY AUSTRALIA!!

Hope to meet up with some of you again! Oh yes, and if you are on Facebook, please PM me if you want to join me there.... I have some photos there.

See you later!!

Hi,

It was a lovely afternoon, thanx Serendipity!!!

Great to meet some like minded people who understand what we are up to!

Gathered some good info on Adelaide, and the general process.

Definitely worth attending,

Thanx all

Linda

Hi Serendipity,

Yes, we also want to thank you for a wonderful get together. You did a great job! Our kids really enjoyed the kangaroo pouches with sweets. It was great meeting everyone. I also enjoyed putting faces to the forum names. The one thing that I've learned, listening to all of you is that there is HOPE! It's not easy, but it's worth it.

Blessings,

Ray

Archived