2010 East Rand "Coffee" Club

Serendipity

If the sisters 'behave' I acknowledge them, if they "misbehave" sorry, don't know them from a bar of soap.... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jackie has valuable knowledge regarding formal or official emigration as well as moving your money...so ensure you have lots of questions for her! :ilikeit:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

We would also like to join: 2 adults and 1 Gremlin: Wimpie, Zonia and my son of 22 months: Daniel.

Are looking forward to a much needed gathering with like minded people.

Greetings

Great - this is getting bigger and bigger . . . :oops:

Weidemans - your on the list, look forward to meeting you - see you on the 7th.

Would love to see you all there. We are appllying for our 175's each, so hopefully by Jan we will be ready to rock.

Hi All

The stranger is back today. :ph34r:

Soooo excited about the Coffee club again. B) Thanks Serendipity!!

For those RPL Hero's, you will get the support from us RPL Expat's (Those who did it and the family support structures).

You will be scared and relieved after talking to all the RPL expat's. Hubby took 3 months to complete his, of which he took one month leave and spent full time on it. The word RPL was banned from our house in that period as tempers flaired instantly. It felt like it took forever, and cuased more domestics than building and revamping a kitchen(And that is alot!)

See you all soon, and remember that "all things in life pass" EVEN RPL .... :whome:

Stranded and Mr RPL

Hi there..

Please add us...2 Adults : Ricky and Selvie and

2 Gremlins.. Vikalen(7years) and Sairini (11months)

I think that this will be a wonderful opportunity to meet and chat with all of you...

Hubby is dragging his feet at the moment, so hopefully after chatting with others who are already on their way with the application(been there done that or starting with their applications)...it will motivate him to get all references ect done asap.

Once again thank you for this opportunity...

Cannot wait to meet all of you wonderful people. :thumbdown:

Great Sai - your family is on the list. Look forward to meeting you on the 7th :thumbdown:

Keep checking this thread for updates - i will post them as required.

Hi

My Name is Mariav we are in the process of immigrating as well to Brisbane, and i would love to come and have coffee and meet a few people in the same situation

Hope this is ok

Regards

Mariav

Due to the great success of the last get together, and the sudden demand for another one I have decided to run with it and use the same layout as Stranded did before.

Date is booked with the DROS already, based on requests of an early Feb get together, before certain forumites depart on thier new adventures.

Lets try beat the last record of 21ppl and Gremlins!!!

CONFIRMED "COFFEE" CLUB ON THE EAST RAND

Date: Sunday 7 February 2010 @ 13h00

Venue:

DROS

Eden Meadows Shopping Centre

Cnr. Van Riebeeck & Modderfontein Road

Edenvale - near Greenstone Mall

Tel: 011-452 1882

Seating: Upstairs, there is a secure play area for the Gremlins downstairs & outside

Invites: All on forum big (Adult) & small (Gremlin)

RSVP: Here on the topic, with a head count (Adults & Gremlins)

PLEASE PM ME YOUR NAMES FOR THE TAGS

Format: Will be the same as before, seating will be upstairs with tags and numbers for billing purposes.

What happens on a coffee club normally:

Very informal, meeting, those that want to eat or drink, do so, others save for the expensive flights to Aus

It normally starts a bit stiff, as people are strangers to one another,

People talk to one another about how far they are in the process,

People share advice,

People share their fears,

People laugh

And then no one wants to go home in the end!

Look forward to meeting some old and new Forumites.

:ilikeit:

Hi,

Hubby & I will definitely be there!!! We might be late though... And we also bringing another couple with...

THANKS!

See you there

:)

THANK YOU to EVERYONE for replying and sending me your names . . . I am however in need of some names from a couple of forumites who have said on the thread they are joining in - I have sent a PM requesting this.

PLEASE I do need this information for the Name Tags

We are nearing the 50 mark (incl children) for the get together - it will be the biggest ever held in JHB!!

as far as I'm aware? :)

There will be plenty of information going around, advice and laughter.

Mara's Sister - Jackie, who will be joining us has valuable knowledge regarding formal or official emigration

as well as moving your money...so ensure you have lots of questions for her!

There is still time to join in - The final headcount confirmation with the DROS will be made on Friday the 5th Feb

Hi Serendipity

My wife, myself and our 13-year old daughter would love to be there.

see you there

Hi Serendipity,

Just want to make sure that you got our names for the 7 Feb.

Raymond, Bonita and Chantlize (4 1/2), Raycardo (3)

Thank you. We're looking forward to the event.

Hi all

THANK YOU I now have EVERYONE'S names.

Ray - I got your PM last week, thanks.

I have a quick Q for everyone attending the get together . . .

Would any of you be interested in purchasing the book - How to become a "Streetwise" down under Australian Immigrant

A South-African Perspective by Author, Nadia Niewoudt - at our get together?

The book sells for R495, they are really stunning coffee Table Books and stacked with valuable information.

http://www.migrate2oz.co.za/streetwise.htm

I am able to obtain some of these books, on consignment, to bring with to the get together but before undertaking to collecting them I would appreciate your comments.

Regards

S

Have we pipped 50 yet?

51, incl gremlins (15) - FINAL update will be Friday next week.

Nametags are done already BUT if anyone still wants to join please let me know - I really don't mind printing some more - infact the more i can print the happier i will be :ilikeit::)

51, incl gremlins (15) - FINAL update will be Friday next week.

Nametags are done already BUT if anyone still wants to join please let me know - I really don't mind printing some more - infact the more i can print the happier i will be :whome:;)

Sonette(wife), GP(15yro Son) and I, Gerhard Pretorius would like to join, were are from Roodepoort.

;)

Sonette(wife), GP(15yro Son) and I, Gerhard Pretorius would like to join, were are from Roodepoort.

Thanks "g cant wait" your on the list, look forward to meeting you on Sunday.

FINAL GET TOGETHER UPDATE WILL BE ON FRIDAY 5th FEBRUARY 2010

WATCH THIS SPACE

Hahaha!

Gotta keep it at the top - Cramer is stealing my spot with his PMB get together :)

This is my spot until the 7th - at least :wacko: lol

Gotta keep it at the top - Cramer is stealing my spot with his PMB get together :lol:

This is my spot until the 7th - at least :blink: lol

Well, in that case, its my duty to respond... :unsure:

And me too! Wishing you guys a fantastic day, lots to talk about and lots of drama to share, I am sure!!!

And me too! Wishing you guys a fantastic day, lots to talk about and lots of drama to share, I am sure!!!

Thanks Mara. :lol:

Archived