Craigsa: Forum Newbie

craigsa

Hi All,

Thanks for activating my account, I must admit I've been addicted to this forum since my GF (Also on Forum as KatB) sent me the link. The information on here is invaluable, and I'm amazed by how many respond to questions and how quickly......very useful.

We're hoping that our PR is around the corner (We already have a bottle of Champagne waiting for the occasion), as we got feedback stating that all criteria has been met and that we must submit medicals and PCC. Medicals have already been submitted, and we should have PCC by Mid January. I'm hoping the PR will follow shortly after, as we need to find employment, and Jan/Feb are normally good times to seek employment. We're both in the IT field, so any advice or tips, please send them out way - In the meantime, we've been keeping at eye out on the employment websites and will hopefully be able to setup some interviews and then fly out.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi to everyone.....

Craig

Welcome to the forum, bet your happy your roller coaster is nearing the end.

All the best

Thanks everyone. It's definitely been a roller-coaster, but I'm expecting quite a bit more of a wild ride - Still a couple of days (Here's me being hopeful) before we get PR, then it's the BIG job hunt, then the suburb search, house hunt, etc, etc.......but yes..... definitely getting closer now!! Ask my GF (KatB), I can't even sleep at night I'm so busy planning and thinking.

I remember those feelings, and after nearly two years in Auzzie, you forget all about it and will not trade it for anything else but the good feelings myself and my family have now.

Welcome, and enjoy the experience and challenges you face.

Yes, welcome Craig to the forum family!!!!

Good Luck with all your plans!!

Erica

Welcome Craig

What area of IT are you in?

Enjoy the forum mate!

Cheers

LJS

Thank you. I'm in senior management - Currently a CIO for Sage PLC (I look after both RSA and Aus offices), so going to try my luck for a transfer when the time is right. The problem is that our RSA offices are 5 times bigger than the Aus ones, so trying to convince them that I should be based there is going to be tough. I do have ITIL and CISSP qualifications as well, and I realise it's unlikely that I'll move into a similar job on that side, but am happy working my way up the ladder again if necessary. My GF is a retail SAP consultant and a qualified trainer, so we're hoping we can both land something decent fairly quickly - First choice Melbourne, second choice Sydney and after that, anywhere we can find decent work.

Why did you ask, do you have an IT recruitment agency (Here's hoping).....haha

Keep well

hey and good luck for the last bit, as i mentioned on your GF's post we leave for Adelaide end March - we been in the process of deciding etc etc for 3 years and now going :)

hey and good luck for the last bit, as i mentioned on your GF's post we leave for Adelaide end March - we been in the process of deciding etc etc for 3 years and now going :ilikeit:

Thanks. You guys should try join the get together the people on this Forum are arranging on the 7th Feb, might be nice to see some "familiar" faces on that side when you leave.

Just saw the info but its my birthday the day before Lol....but I think we'll make it!

Enjoy the ride. It feels like it never wants to stop.

Thanks - I see you recently got you PR. When are you going?

Archived