Mrs Balls, Marmite and Ouma rusks - Found!

DawidVerwey

Was walking in Glenelg this morning and walked past "The Lolly shop". They have all our favorites displayed for sale in the window - also chappies, jellytots and TEX

It's close to the end of the tramline.

Just in case life gets too hard :whome:

Was walking in Glenelg this morning and walked past "The Lolly shop". They have all our favorites displayed for sale in the window - also chappies, jellytots and TEX

It's close to the end of the tramline.

Just in case life gets too hard :whome:

Hi, I am still looking for 'pickled fish' that one could get in PnP in a tin? Cannot remember what the

brand name is, but you could also get the curried one......oh, soooooo lekker!

Erica

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, I am still looking for 'pickled fish' that one could get in PnP in a tin? Cannot remember what the

brand name is, but you could also get the curried one......oh, soooooo lekker!

Erica

You can find all sorts of South A rican stuff ( pickled fish included ) at a shop called Ceylon Spice, the store I know is located at 551 North East Road, Gilles Plains on the opposite corner from Holden Hill police station near the Fasta Pasta in the same centre.

visit http://www.ceylonspices.com.au/ or see below

Gilles Plains

511 North East Rd

Gilles Plains, SA, 5086

Australia

Ph: (08) 8261 4023

Mob: 0414 757 554

Email: info@ceylonspices.com.au

Opening Hours

Tues, Wed, Thurs & Fri: 10 am to 6 pm

Sat: 10 am to 5 pm

Sun: 10.30 am to 5pm

Closed: Mondays & Public Holidays

Hope that helps, you can also find Biltong at a few places, incl Barossa Fina Foods in the Central market.

• 1 year later...

Woolies in Hallet Cove Mall also sell Mrs Balls chutney and I think its under $4 for a bottle. :ilikeit:

Mrs Balls available at Woolworths, I must say I have yet to find an Aussie chutney to match. Marmite-Vegemite same thing, no difference. Vegemite even comes in a cheesy version which is great. Ouma, not the same as when we were kids I had already stopped buying them back in SA and had started making my own which I still do here.

Marmite-Vegemite same thing, no difference. Vegemite even comes in a cheesy version which is great.

Good thing having your tastebuds checked isn't part of the medicals!!!

The taste totally different to me....

Good thing having your tastebuds checked isn't part of the medicals!!!

The taste totally different to me....

Will have to get a bottle of each to compare :ilikeit:

:D Eva thanx for the giggle.

Come on Cramer, Vegemite and Marmite the same - no way -

I will always be a Bovril fan - has to have the cow on the jar - otherwise not south african bovril.

Let us know how the taste testing went Cramer -

edited to add - Mrs Balls still the best, BTW having Ouma condensed milk rusks today - great with the chilly weather.

I got a bottle of bovril and Mrs Balls Chutney in woolies!

As for Tastic rice, C&B Mayonaise and few other ESSENTIALS they are bought from SATOOZ!!!!

Archived