Moonlight Cinema

kangaroo

Moonlight Cinema @ Melbourne's Royal Botanical Gardens Full programme of films and dates can be found on the website.

Ford Fiesta Moonlight Cinema is an outdoor cinema screening new release, classic and cult films on the sweeping lawns of the Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne.

SUMMER 2009/10 season runs from 17 December 2009 to 14 March 2010 , so gather a group of friends and relax with a picnic as the sun goes down and the screen lights up. Gates open at 7pm and screenings start at sundown, approximately 8.30pm.

BYO picnics or purchase dinner and drinks at the cinema from fully licensed caterer, Soul Kitchen Cafe. Bean Beds are available for hire at the cinema for $7 (with a $10 refundable deposit, cash only).

How to get there: Public transport - Catch the no. 8 tram from South Yarra or Flinders Street Station and get off at the corner of Park Street and Domain Road, South Yarra. Walk along Birdwood Avenue towards the park and enter at Gate D. Follow the signs to the cinema on Central Lawn.

Enjoy!

Thanks Kangaroo,

Read your topic just as a reminder of why I'm really excited about choosing Melbourne as our destination city and browsed to their website to find that I'll actually be in Melbourne while this is still showing. :ilikeit: Jippee I have always wanted to attend one of these events and now I've added it to my to do list. Can't wait.

Archived