Point Cook picnic Saturday 16 January 2010

elleneo

We are arranging a picnic/braai in Point Cook..all saffers are very welcome to join. Bring a picnic basket or braai if you so please!

Date : Saturday 16 January 2010

Place : Point Cook Coastal Park, Point Cook approximately 23km South-West of melbourne cbd

Time : 11:00 am onwards

Website : http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/1park_display.cfm?park=174

(go to park notes/maps at the bottom of the page and click on "Point cook coastal park and Cheetham wetlands visitors guide")

There are BBQ facilities and lapas, come early to secure a nice spot as availability cant be guaranteed as this is a public picnic ground, there are play areas for the kids as well. Entrance is free.

Look out for the orange balloons! we will be at the "beach recreation area" as indicated on the websites map of the park.

Lets start the new year with a social gathering!

Pm me for any further info.

Regards

Natalie

Come on Westies! We want everyone to join us for a "lekker kuier"!

Guest Durbanite
We are arranging a picnic/braai in Point Cook..all saffers are very welcome to join. Bring a picnic basket or braai if you so please!

Date : 9 January 2010

Place : Point Cook Coastal Park, Point Cook approximately 23km South-West of melbourne cbd

(go to park notes/maps at the bottom of the page and click on "Point cook coastal park and Cheetham wetlands visitors guide")

There are BBQ facilities and lapas, come early to secure a nice spot as availability cant be guaranteed as this is a public picnic ground, there are play areas for the kids as well. Entrance is free.

Look out for the orange balloons! we will be at the "beach recreation area" as indicated on the websites map of the park.

Hi Natalie,

My sister in law and family is in Point Cook and she would love to join you guys but she is not in the forum so does she have to RSVP or just show??

She went to your last one and she loved it!!

Cheers.

D

Regards

Natalie

Hi Natalie,

My sister in law and family are in Point Cook, they went to the last one and they loved it, but she is not in forum>>>

Do they have to RSVP or just show??

Thank you>>

:lol:

Cheers

D

They are more than welcome to "just show"..all saffers are welcome..i cant wait to meet more people who live in and around point cook!!

There are those that travel "far" to the socials and that is much appreciated as well!!

Feel free to pm me for info as well..i live about 2km from the venue and am happy to assist in any way!

SO far we hubby,myself and a 3 year-old and nats123,hubby,her mom and 2 tweens and hopefully your sister and kie..

Mara?..Rajesh and Pinky??

I saw the post, thanks Natalie, but I am afraid we will probably have to give this one a miss! I have a work issue and doubt very much if I will be available that weekend. I trust you guys will have a ball!

Its great that you guys are organizing this picnic !! Seems to me point cook is getting full of saffers!!

Will see what we are doing that weekend cause I am still in survival mode with christmas and just recently moving.

Hope we have good weather and then most people crawl out of bed easier..lol :lol:

Hi Guys,

Personally, I would have preferred this to occur later in the month, close to when scholl would have opened, I hope that a lot of people are still around during the period in question, unfortunately I will not be. :lol::(:(

Anyway, to all, I hope you guys have a fabulous time and I look forward to the next one.

I'm sure we'll be able to attend, will ask some friends as well ...

• 3 weeks later...

Just little reminder about the picnic on the 16th!

And a tip..bring fly repellant and sunblock!!

Sounds like fun!

We are in Craigieburn and really keen to meet South Africans so will def. take a drive and join the picnic.

See you there

Aus 457

Date : Saturday 16 January 2010

Regards

Natalie

Oh yaaay..i see you found the thread for the picnic!..excellent!

Will try make it, depending on the Heat.

Oh yaaay..i see you found the thread for the picnic!..excellent!

Husband wants to go to Monster Trucks...

Guess we going to give this one a miss but will sure make the next one

Went to the picnic spot today..... it is amazing. Something for everyone. The beach, the covered picnic areas and the playgrounds for the little ones... It is stunning.

Im glad you guys like it! i was impressed by the amount of play areas for the kids..now we hope the weather is nice that day!

Hi Ellen,

We are back from our trip to New Zealand, and we will be there on saturday.

Thanks to all those who attended!!., some like Hoggy and family made a very long drive and we appreciated the visit!....it was a lovely day..will post a pic or two tomorrow.

Rajesh!...what happened to you guys??? we missed u!

You can check out some pics of the day here : http://www.facebook.com/photo_search.php?o...id=244005519874

Fantastic day, was great to meet all you guys, minus the Jet lag.

• 2 months later...

Thanks Guys..... had a lekker time and met some great ppl . . . We are definately looking at settling there ;)

Archived