so i see you all

Spider

so as per my post in immigration general, we leave RSA in 3.5 months on 25 march to fly to our new homeland and city, Adelaide....

gosh, its now very scary and daunting, i already feel lonely - sure you know what i mean hey? :ilikeit:

Hi Chandi, I just wish I some time to sit on a rock and contemplate my navel. Between a crazy, busy time at work, packing up house, selling stuff & cars, trying to get Christmas shopping done ... well, maybe I'm just not that organised! At this point, I just feel that life is too hectic to assimilate all that has happened, as well as the life-changing prospects ahead. No matter how many have gone before us, and regardless of who will follow, each and every one of us will handle and experience immigration in our own way.

If nothing else, I've learnt to "dig deep", to lean more on the Lord - and to enjoy every day left in this beautiful country. When I look back to when we started - the document gathering; "do we/don't we" debate; application submission; patience game; visa grant! If we thought that was "scary" - I wonder what my feelings are going to be when V Blue touches down in Adelaide at the end of March???

But, knowing that I'm not alone in this - that you also feel the way I do, and others with their different issues - gives me courage to put one foot in front of the other.

Trust me, its a wonderful feeling! And even if some bad days lie ahead, because not everyone finds the settling in easy, it is good here in Aus!!

Yes it is great here in Adelaide, been here for just over a year now. Make no mistake about it - it is very hard to adapt the first couple of months. But we all came through it and we're still here. Enjoy you're last couple of weeks. Eat as much biltong as you can and do all the South African things. You're going to miss it, but you'll gain new things to do anyway. See you in Adelaide.

Jakes

thanks all! i look forward to meeting many of you as friends as well as making oz friends....goodness knows we'll be alone

bev - where you staying when you land?

we flying 25th on malaysia air, more affordable although longer, worth the few rands saved

so where are some of the best places when looking for second hand cars etc?

gosh - thinking now i have NO clue how to put in petrol myself LOLOL

http://www.carsguide.com.au

Is a good place to start.

Every state is different as to what fees have to be paid to transfer ownership into your name. I suggest you ask the seller about these "on road costs". Also when it comes to second hand cars the asking price is just a starting point, not the min they will accept.

When I moved I accepted in my head that I was going to overpay for my first car, so made sure it wasn't an expensive one. Rather start small and work up. One thing I can advise is make sure it has aircon. It can get to 40 degrees in Adelaide in the summer.

When it comes to filling your car it's easy. First you use your bic lighter to see how fill the tank is. The rest you don't have to worry about. lol.

No seriously if that's your biggest concern about immigrating you've got it covered!!!!!

http://www.carsguide.com.au

Is a good place to start.

Every state is different as to what fees have to be paid to transfer ownership into your name. I suggest you ask the seller about these "on road costs". Also when it comes to second hand cars the asking price is just a starting point, not the min they will accept.

When I moved I accepted in my head that I was going to overpay for my first car, so made sure it wasn't an expensive one. Rather start small and work up. One thing I can advise is make sure it has aircon. It can get to 40 degrees in Adelaide in the summer.

When it comes to filling your car it's easy. First you use your bic lighter to see how fill the tank is. The rest you don't have to worry about. lol.

No seriously if that's your biggest concern about immigrating you've got it covered!!!!!

LOL at the lighter.....

ag there are bigger worries but trying to not overthink them you know... :ilikeit:

Archived