Horse riding for beginners

HouseInOz

It was even on her list for Christmas gifts - BUT it will cost $150 for a 30 minute pony ride in Centennial Park. Any alternatives that are more affordable?

That’s extortion!

Sounds like a tourist trap to me – it’s probably that expensive purely because it’s in Centennial Park. Why not try driving an hour or two out of the city and making a day of it. You’re bound to find something way cheaper and probably more one-on-one.

Google is your friend - Just pick a direction (area), google “beginner horse rides†and the area name and I’m sure you’ll find something for a quarter of the price for double the time.

Giddy up!

Hi

Look up the Pony Clubs in or near your area and enquire as to riding lessons from them. They may even be able to steer you in the direction that would best suite your wallet.

Unfortunately horse riding is not cheap at all and it is best to shop around.

Steph

It was even on her list for Christmas gifts - BUT it will cost $150 for a 30 minute pony ride in Centennial Park. Any alternatives that are more affordable?

I plan to organise some lessons for my kids (8 & 10) next year in Richmond, NSW. You are welcome to give me a call to join in.

Henning, 0433 559 414

I plan to organise some lessons for my kids (8 & 10) next year in Richmond, NSW. You are welcome to give me a call to join in.

Henning, 0433 559 414

Hi There

We are only visiting Sydney from 18 Dec to 3 Jan 2010, sorry!

This is just down the road from where we live (Sutherland Shire). I have driven past this place a few times and often wanted to stop in. Why dont you give them a try - I have no idea what the fees are, but you never know

http://www.kurnellboardingstables.com.au/_.../page_home.html

They have a school holiday programme too:

School Holiday Day Camps

Includes morning/afternoon tea

Full day $110.00

10am to 4pm

Half day $70.00

Morning 10am to 1pm

Afternoon 1pm to 4pm

Our day camps being with brushing and saddling the horse we will be riding for the day. We then have some lesson time to refresh our riding technique. After this we will play some games on the horses this may include relays, bull rush, ship/shore/rail/wall, crocodile/crocodile, stuck in the mud, fruit salad, musical witches hats & simon says. We then have our lunch for 45 minutes and allow our horses to take a well deserved break. After lunch we all get back on our horses for more fun and games. The afternoon may include some jumping courses, a ride through the paddocks and an optional bare back ride is always fun. At the end of our riding we unsaddle and hose and brush our horses down, put them back in their stable for dinner. We all jump on the feed truck and give all the horses their dinner.

Then home time...

This is just down the road from where we live (Sutherland Shire). I have driven past this place a few times and often wanted to stop in. Why dont you give them a try - I have no idea what the fees are, but you never know

http://www.kurnellboardingstables.com.au/_.../page_home.html

They have a school holiday programme too:

School Holiday Day Camps

Includes morning/afternoon tea

Full day $110.00

10am to 4pm

Half day $70.00

Morning 10am to 1pm

Afternoon 1pm to 4pm

Our day camps being with brushing and saddling the horse we will be riding for the day. We then have some lesson time to refresh our riding technique. After this we will play some games on the horses this may include relays, bull rush, ship/shore/rail/wall, crocodile/crocodile, stuck in the mud, fruit salad, musical witches hats & simon says. We then have our lunch for 45 minutes and allow our horses to take a well deserved break. After lunch we all get back on our horses for more fun and games. The afternoon may include some jumping courses, a ride through the paddocks and an optional bare back ride is always fun. At the end of our riding we unsaddle and hose and brush our horses down, put them back in their stable for dinner. We all jump on the feed truck and give all the horses their dinner.

Then home time...

Wow - I am definitely having a look at them! Thanks!

Archived