SECONDHAND CAR DEALERS IN BRISBANE

UK2AUS

Hi folks

First question - does anybody have or know of anyone who will be looking to sell their run around at the beginning of March 2010? or

Second question - can you recommend a secondhand car dealer we can approach when we arrive?

Car/ 4x4 whatever MUST have a tow bar.

Thanks very much

Jenny

Hi folks

First question - does anybody have or know of anyone who will be looking to sell their run around at the beginning of March 2010? or

Second question - can you recommend a secondhand car dealer we can approach when we arrive?

Car/ 4x4 whatever MUST have a tow bar.

Thanks very much

Jenny

There are many used car dealers on Gympie Road in the north near Chermside. Probably 20 or more. There are some that only sell 4 x 4 but all have them.

Towbar. Even if not fitted they can fit one for about $500 and less if you hunt around or fit it your self. Use www.redbook.com.au to get an idea of what is the right price to be paying. Often they are negotiable. I went to a car dealer a few months ago and was looking to buy a new AWD. I walked thtrough the used lot at Zupps and was approached. The salesman knocked $2000 of $34000 when I argued a bit.

What is your budget. Below $5k you will be looking at quite old cars 10 yrs. What takes your fancy. I can get some prices

Just remember - 2nd hand car dealers are always open to negotiation. I bought a 2nd hand car from a dealer recently, and they knocked over $2500 off the price - from $19800 to $17200.

It was hard work to find the right car though, you have to be prepared to car shop for quite a while if you are very particular about what you are looking for. Took me 2 weeks of driving all over the show before we found my car.

Good luck

Yolande

You will also find lots of 2nd hand car places in Springwood along the Pacific Highway.

We bought our car from The Car Mine on Gympie Road in Chermside, great service and they were very patient while we tried to get financing. They also arrange the financing for you, altough we ended up making other arrangements because my husband only had his Aus learners and that seemed to be a problem :thumbdown:. If you're coming over on a 457, you need to buy a car ASAP, they told us if we bought a car in the first few weeks we would have gotten financing very easily. Go figure!

Archived