Picnic/barbeque in the Park : Melbourne West

Mara

It was a great afternoon - we had a ball chatting away in Afrikaans! We'll definitely do it again soon.

Mel

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We will most definately attend the next get together.

We enjoyed meeting some new faces and our children had a fun filled day.

Being together with those others that have shared similar experiences as us certainly gives us a feeling of home away from home. Sharing the afternoon with our 'fellow countrymen', as the ozzies say when we meet another South African, has endearing qualities to it that cannot always easily be expressed. By seeking out the company of fellow South Africans and having it provided in this comfortable and fun way; is most remarkable and appreciated.

I felt quite honoured to be included in such an event.

Thankyou Mara and Tilla (and hubbies) for your efforts.

Kind Regards

Lisa du Toit (Stephen, Helen and Rogan)

Hi,

Thank you to everyone responsible for making this day a possibility, we - my family and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, we did feel a bit as outcasts, but more importantly I was among South Africans - Cant we do this more often.

I want to play cricket with my "new" team - Robin, Nika, Helen, Rogan, Lisa, Vanessa, Revash and Stephen the Umpire.

Mara and Lovell, you are welcome, anytime for the samoosas, you should count yourself lucky that we were in 2 groups and the samoosas were and the samoosas remained in "OUR" group. Sorry "OTHER" group, next time will be your turn.

Mel & partner, Ossie & partner, Nats & partner, Ellen & partner, it was great to add a face to the name and Heath, thank you for the bread rolls.

So, when is the next one ?

Once agina, a big Dankie to Tilla and Mara for the preapartion and Jurgens for the Braai facility.

Mara and Lovell, you are welcome, anytime for the samoosas, you should count yourself lucky that we were in 2 groups

I didn't even get a samoosa and I was in your group!

I just want to say that the plan was to get together under one "afdakkie" and the shade under the surrounding trees, but with such a big chance of rain we decided we best reserve the other one as well so that we have enough roof to "hide" under if it becomes necessary - (ook maar goed!) - Unfortunately that split up the party a bit but I think people made the effort in any case to meet one another.

Also, I have a salt and pepper grinder set that somebody left behind on Jurgens' braai.

Will try to post one or two pictures once it has been downloaded ...

Tilla,

Now, you have a very, very good reason to have another gathering very , very soon.

:ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit:

See Rajesh, i was in the other hut and missed out on the samoosas!!!One thing I miss about Durban,the good Indian food...

Thank you so much for everything Mara and tilla we had a ball :-)

Hey Pinky,

I would have loved to meet you, ever so often when a forumite meets my wife and they start chatting, they somehow think that they have chatted via the forum to her, cos her name is Pinky too, this past weekend, I think it was Nats123 who thought they had spoken to my wife via the forum.

The lack of the samoosas under the other was was no fault of mine, next time, Look for Us !

:ilikeit:

Archived