Hernia discovered before medicals

asteyn

We have a 6 weeks old baby and were waiting for his passport to arrive to go and do the requested medicals.

We've just found out that he suffers from a hernia and will have to have it surgically corrected. We are still waiting to see the neurologist who will make a decision on when to operate. Apparently he might decide not to operate immediately as our baby is possibly still to young. If so, I'm not sure how long we'll have to wait before the hernia can be repaired.

Will we be able to continue with our Aus medicals in the meantime, or will we be failed because of our baby's hernia? (which, by the way doesn't seem to be a big issue and our GP reckons it is a fairly simple and straight forward operation)

Can someone please shed some light on this?

Thank you

We have a 6 weeks old baby and were waiting for his passport to arrive to go and do the requested medicals.

We've just found out that he suffers from a hernia and will have to have it surgically corrected. We are still waiting to see the neurologist who will make a decision on when to operate. Apparently he might decide not to operate immediately as our baby is possibly still to young. If so, I'm not sure how long we'll have to wait before the hernia can be repaired.

Will we be able to continue with our Aus medicals in the meantime, or will we be failed because of our baby's hernia? (which, by the way doesn't seem to be a big issue and our GP reckons it is a fairly simple and straight forward operation)

Can someone please shed some light on this?

Thank you

I really don't think you have to worry, your application would certainly not be knocked back for your baby's hernia. I am sure once your baby has been operated on, he will be 100% as it is a fairly simple and straight forward operation. I don't think they would even request a medical for such a young baby, so go ahead and have your medicals done. Hope all goes well.

Noele

Archived