SOUTH AFRICAN KERK BAZAAR

Enrica

That time again for the South African Kerk Bazaar again

Date: 31 October

Time: From 11AM

Where: Quinns Baptist College

Cnr of Marmion Ave and Salerno Drive

Mindarie

The usual fare of Puddings, Pancakes, Curry and Rice, Biltong, Face Painting ,Koeksisters , games , Braai Vleis etc will be available

Hope to see you there.

Yahoo!!!!!!!! We thoroughly enjoyed it last year, for anyone who has not been yet, even if you live on the South of the River, make a plan, make a day of it. The most wonderful day is ahead, take the opportunity to feel the atmosphere.

See you all there!!

• 2 weeks later...

Was fun, lots of yummie food and lotssssssssssssssss of people.

The kids all seemed to be having a good time.

Die Suid Afrikanse bloed loop nog steeds dik.

I arrived too late - 1:30 pm and all the yummy food was gone! Apparently sold over 4000 pancakes and could have sold double that! I know next yr i will be there at 11 !

Fantastic day once again, but we got there at 12 am and all sold out, I still joked last year with one of the Ladies and told her that this should be done at least twice a year and double baking to be done as well cause there are soooooo many South africans, well done to all involved.

Next year I will be waiting at 9 am to get what I want......

Read about the pancakes on your posts and just had to have a few. Went on the internet, got this recipe and made them. The recipe makes about 8 or so and they were great.

HEERLIKE PANNEKOEK (sonder floppies - gekry op 29 Oktober 1999 by Annatjie Boltman)

1 koppie meel

1 eier

¼ koppie olie

1 teelepel bakpoeier

2 koppies water

½ eetlepel asyn

Sout na smaak

1. Klits eiers en water saam. Sif meel, sout en bakpoeier saam, en voeg by. Voeg olie by.

2. Meng en bak. Dit is nie nodig om nog olie in die pan te gebruik nie - die olie is reeds in die beslag.

Geniet dit!!!

By complete chance and accident I found my way to the bazaar - one of hubby's colleagues mentioned it... I thought it would be a small gathering, but what an amazing turnout.

After being here almost one year, I honestly had no idea that there are so many South Africans in Perth. Oh - also great to bump into you Kathy again (after almost a year!).

Archived