Flights from $1389 from Sydney to Cape Town return

Dedrei

Would be great to have feedback from someone else who has dealt with BestFlights (and most of the companies that offer cheap flights ala Mango et al)...

My own experiences of BestFlights are that they will come back to you to say that the particular flight you requested is not available and would you be interested in a quote for alternate dates and alternate airlines and that this will still outprice going directly to the airlines themselves.

Norm

• 5 months later...

Dis ongelooflik! Maar daar is n catch. Jy moet nou book, plus daar is al die taxes wat jy self moet betaal.

As dit net so maklik was...

We've just booked return tickets Jhb to Perth. Flight Centre quoted R9100 pp and on the net travelstart.com quoted R8100 for the same dates. I emailed their quote to Flight Centre and they offered us our tickets at R8000 pp (all incl) so it would appear that they do "beat any written quote"

C'Lou

Just paid R8,565.00 incl all taxes for return direct flights JHB-Sydney.

I booked through SAA on their website but fly with Qantas on a code share agreement.

For some very strange reason this is cheaper than booking direct with Qantas !

1 small drawback is that you don't get your voyager miles :ilikeit: but it is so hard to use them that I have more or less given up trying to accumulate them, it is nice to have a voyager "status" though, as it allows you to enjoy the BC lounge facilities. :ilikeit:

Hi Barnone

Perhaps you should consider joining Qantas Frequent Flyer program then, you get ff miles on any of their air partners that you use. Also, you can definitely get good use out of them. I have had two trips to SA and one to the USA, with internal flights, on mine. It worked like a dream, you just have to book like six months in advance. It is very difficult to get tickets for peak periods, so off peak is the answer.

Barnone & Cindylou,

When are you flying into Perth/Sydney? Family is coming over in Dec. and a travel agent quoted them R12 000 per adult!!!

I told them to go to Flight Centre.

Sw

Edited by Suidwes

Barnone & Cindylou,

When are you flying into Perth/Sydney? Family is coming over in Dec. and a travel agent quoted them R12 000 per adult!!!

I told them to go to Flight Centre.

Sw

Hi SW

I am going at the end of the month & Cindy around that time too I think, as Mara mentioned above the problem is 'peak" times & Dec is 'Peak' R12 000 at that time is a good price you can easily pay 15 000 plus for EC in Dec ! Try fly SAA dot com they are cheaper than flight center in fact most airlines are cheaper online if you are booking tickets only some of the agents have good fly/drive or fly /accomodation packages which are unbeatable

Perhaps you should consider joining Qantas Frequent Flyer program then, you get ff miles on any of their air partners that you use. Also, you can definitely get good use out of them. I have had two trips to SA and one to the USA, with internal flights, on mine. It worked like a dream, you just have to book like six months in advance. It is very difficult to get tickets for peak periods, so off peak is the answer.

Hi Mara

I will definetly be joining the Qantas FF club as I will be flying internally with then but not sure if I will be getting the miles for the jhb - syd - jhb leg as it is an SAA ticket which cost R 1200 less than the same class Quantas ticket on the same flight

Happy landings

B1