Picnic in the Park - Melbourne

Mara

Please take some pics and post them on the site - would love to be "involved" even if we not there :-)

Serendipity, for you I will try and remember to take my camera with!

Serendipity, for you I will try and remember to take my camera with!

Don't forget Mara :thumbdown: - we having a get together with various forumites on Sunday, so will post 2 or 3 pics from ours,

It's great - two far off places, all South Africans getting together for the same reason - AUSTRALIA!

Look forward to those pics, hopefully one with the sisters in it!

Come on guys, gather round, you only have a week to go, and it looks like Sunday is perhaps going to play with and give us some sunshine! Yeha!

Come hell or high water, we will be there - and bring some friends. Koos & family, and Lindie & family, maybe we can get the boys to meet at last?

Great Tilla, glad to hear you will be there...come on guys, remember we wanted a bonanza turnout!

Bumpity bump!

Koos & family, and Lindie & family, maybe we can get the boys to meet at last?

We will see you there :ilikeit:

Good Stuff . . . We will join tooo

See you there :ilikeit:

Good, the more the merrier!

Hi Rajesh, excellent, I will bring your plastic container with, for a refill of samoosa's of course!

OK folks, roll up, GREAT NEWS, for those that are interested, THE WEATHER SPOOKS SAY SUNDAY IS GOING TO BE GREAT WEATHER!!! We would like to see a lot of you making the effort to join us for the day!

Bumpity Bump!!!

Hi Mara

We'll also be there! After a little less than a month in Aus we are missing SA accents terribly!!

Can't wait.

Cheers

Mel

Excellent, I love it when a plan comes together!!!

It's about time we have some good summer weather! I'm SO over winter...

See you all there...

Ok...this might be a stupid question but you know how strict these aussies are when it comes to making fire.

We're planning to take our portable weber braai. Is this allowed? It's not the gas one tho.

Ok...this might be a stupid question but you know how strict these aussies are when it comes to making fire.

We're planning to take our portable weber braai. Is this allowed? It's not the gas one tho.

Hi OzMania

I don’t think it is allowed if it is not gas. I remember reading something like that on the website. Please refer to the website to be sure – especially with some fire warnings going on in the area. Rather safe than sorry…

There are some gas bbq's available in the park, though.

See you there.

What a lovely day it turned out to be.

We arrived after church and was astonished to see so many South Africans in one place. What a sight . . .

Met Mara, Doortjie, Rajesh and wife (nice samoosas) Yvette, Susan, Tania and so many more. Kids made friends, DH chatted. Overall we enjoyed this outing. To the family who just had their baby, goodluck and best wishes, to all who welcomed us, a BIG THANKYOU.

Thanks to Doortjie and Mara for the organising of this gathering.

Enjoyed the day and what a pleasure it was to see a lot of South Africans. Even though they were strangers, they did not Feel so - exchanged a contact details with a few Saffers, so I am sure we will meet sooner rather than later.

Once agains, Thanks to the 2 speacial ladies and all those who attended.

Looking forward to the net one.

:ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit:

Baie dankie dit was baie leka! Daar was baie ou gesigte, maar ok baie nuwes! Die weer het heel goed saamgespeel. Ons en die kinders het die krieket op die sand baie geniet. Sal almal wat nog oppad is aanraai om die volgende een by te woon as hul kan......Cecile

:ilikeit:

Thank you Willa and Rajesh, but the biggest thank you goes to Doortjie and Neola for all their hard work, I was just a visitor today.

We hope to organise another one early December, which will be in the North East, for those that travelled so far today. Hopefully those people residing in the South East will join us!

For all those that attended a huge big THANK YOU, for making the day such a success!

Thanks for attending everyone.

We had a really good time despite of the sporadic showers.

Mara, you are always part of the team. Thanks Neola - we always have so much fun when organizing events.

For those interested we have written close to 200 name tags (and I know a few have "escaped" from being tagged...)

Yes!! It was a great day with a great picnic!!

Thanks for everyone who joined us and made it such a wonderful day!

Who said you cant have fun in crazy weather? :ilikeit:

Archived