Need assistance from Victorians

Serendipity

Hi there

We have just been granted SS to VIC but to be honest we don't know much about the state at all :ilikeit:

We applied to two states and VIC came through first.

Now i am so worried because of our knowledge of this state and the areas.

Is there anyone who stays in Geelong and if so what suburbs would you recommend?

We don't want anything fancy and hoping not to spend much.

If there are any other areas you can suggest we would appreciate it. At the moment we are all over the websites but

it does not really help to make an informative decision. Kinda hoping some VIC forumites can steer us in the right direction.

Regards

S

Hi S

I think it will mostly depend on what you do for a living and where you plan to work. Geelong is fine, but it is quite a distance to travel to Melbourne city, if that is where you plan to work.

If you like, you can PM me, give me a few more details of your needs and perhaps then I can give you some advice.

Hi S

I think it will mostly depend on what you do for a living and where you plan to work. Geelong is fine, but it is quite a distance to travel to Melbourne city, if that is where you plan to work.

If you like, you can PM me, give me a few more details of your needs and perhaps then I can give you some advice.

Hi Mara

Your right, think we had better wait till the visa comes through and have a job before stressing about areas.

Will take you up on that PM closer to the time.

I am so nervous because i know nothing about Victoria and it doesn't help that there are soooooo many websites out there.

Going through your initial posts at the top at the moment, they would appear to be very helpful :-)

Will be in contact soon.

Thanks

S

No problem, when you are ready, I will be here!

Hin Serin,

We are in the east of Melbourne, in fact we stay in Rinwood east a great area has everything to offer and is not all that expensive. We are approx 25 km from the city and takes about an hour to the city by train, and as Marra says it depends on what jobs you want to do as there are many industires in Geelong. I am a tradie and have found work quite quickly but it depends on person to person what they want to do.

Keep searching and have fun doing it...that way you learn alot.

Alex