..Sunbury...within Metlink Melbourne...

malJohann

Does Sunbury fall within the Metlink Melbourne network?

As I understand it does not and you have to travel with the V-line to Sunbury from the CBD - Southern Cross Station.

Hope it helps.

Hi MalJohann

Not sure what it is you are trying to find out, but Sunbury falls under stage 2 of the rail network. It is a V-Line train and takes about 35 minutes from Sunbury to the city. The same ticket you use for that allows you to use the rest of the metropolitan rail/bus/tram network.

I actually live in Rolling Meadows in Sunbury.

..Not sure what it is you are trying to find out, but Sunbury falls under stage 2 of the rail network. It is a V-Line train and takes about 35 minutes from Sunbury to the city. The same ticket you use for that allows you to use the rest of the metropolitan rail/bus/tram network...

By stage 2 I guess you mean "Zone 2" on their metropolitan map. Sounds like it anyway, which is perfect, because I can still use the Metlink Melbourne monthly ticket to travel anywhere in Melbourne if I live in Sunbury. Just considering all my options, because we like living in larger homes (for the same money) in semi-rural areas, and previously we were looking at places in Upwey and Selby.

Sorry Johann, zone 2 it is...you can tell I do not use public transport! I work at the airport, so drive to work.

Sorry Johann, zone 2 it is...you can tell I do not use public transport! I work at the airport, so drive to work.

Was you working at the airport one of your primary reasons for living in Sunbury (seeing as your husband can set up shop just about anywhere)? I had a look at Sunbury on Google Maps (street level) and must say, it looks way nicer than any of the other areas we've looked at (with good prices to boot)!

It was perhaps one of the reasons, but we came across Sunbury when we first moved to Melbourne 11 years ago and at that time we fell in love with the place, it has a real village atmosphere! At that time it was not an option for us as my youngest son still lived at home and he worked down south in Clayton, would have been far too much travelling time wise for him then.