uShaka Marine World

bluebonnet

hi,

On our visit to KZN in December we would like to go here: http://www.ushakamarineworld.co.za/home.html

It all looks very nice, but since I have not been back to SA in 11 years I cannot really tell. Does anyone know this park and is it a good idea to go there?

Looking at the prices at this park I came to the conclusion that SA is still very cheap (for us Europeans anyway) :ph34r:

Ushaka is very nice. You can even go two days in a row, see the aquarium one day and spend the next day at the water park. Highly recommended!!!

:)

Absolutely spectacular. You must definitely go there, costs a bit but I think really worth the experience.

Jill

We went there just before we left South Africa and compared to the crappy aquariums here in the UK it was money well spent. It was a rainy week day when we went so very quiet but still fun and we had lunch at the Wimpy which was yummy (I really really really miss the Wimpy).

Lovely place but word of warning they don't let you take you own food and water into the place. So best to leave your padkos in the car in a cooler bag and then when you are hungry you can go have a picnic on the beach. You can get back into the Ushaka when you have finished.

The food they have there is disgusting and overpriced and you wait for ages.

They even searched a ladies pram for any food and drink - poor thing was almost in tears as the guards were so rude to her.

Do they not realise some people have allergies and food intolerances.

Edited by Sirus

We used to buy the yearly tickets, it is really worth a visit, and as Ego suggested a two day pass would be good.

Have fun....

hi,

On our visit to KZN in December we would like to go here: http://www.ushakamarineworld.co.za/home.html

It all looks very nice, but since I have not been back to SA in 11 years I cannot really tell. Does anyone know this park and is it a good idea to go there?

Looking at the prices at this park I came to the conclusion that SA is still very cheap (for us Europeans anyway) :blink:

I'm from KZN and we used to take our kids there every holiday! It's really good you will love it. Make sure you spend a whole day doing the Aquarium and then you can spend another day at the Wet n Wild!

Compared to Seaworld its CHEAP and it's amazing. You won't regret it!

Ushaka World is awsome. Great place. Nothing like Ushaka here in Australia, Sea World is no way near it.

Cant comment on it at the mo, but when we left it was still a great place. My son did the underwater walk and thoroughly enjoyed it.

The aquarium in the ship is awesome. Loved our time there.

With regards to being searched for food and drink - I think that happens in a lot of places - it happened to me at the Sydney ice arena and I thought it was a little rude too but I guess they have to make a profit ???

Enjoy Bluebonnet and have some Wimpy chips for me please !

Great experience, like the others said......take 2 days.

We enjoyed the restaurants (the are many)

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!

uShaka Marine World here we come!!!!!!!!!! Thanks guys. :ilikeit: