Anybody going to SA in December?

Tilla

Hi folks

I want to send my 12-year old boy Jayme over to South Africa in December for the school holidays (ie from 18 December till ..not sure when it starts again but normally around end of January?) but would really be so greatful if I can book him on the same flight and dates as somebody than can keep an eye on him - just for the flights, I will make sure somebody picks him up at the airport en drops him off again on the day of departure so that you can meet up with him there.

Please let me know if anyone is planning a trip to SA and if you would be willing to "babysit" for a couple of hours. Also the dates that you have booked etc....

Ag dankie hoor

Tilla

All airlines have special arrangements for unaccompanied minors - thee get their own flight attendant for the flight, are collected from you at check-in and handed to the person who collects them on the other side. Just arrange it with the airline - he'll be fine. :ilikeit:

(Personally I'd feel much better with my kid being in the hands of an air hostess than in someones from an anonymous forum - there's a lot of weirdo's out there...)

Hi, yes, Riekie is so right! They take such good care of kids under age and travelling

alone, please do not worry. Our son flew from Belfast, Northern Ireland- London Heathrow and

on to Joburg....and then Cape Town....by himself....aged 6!!

Airline staff...FANTASTIC!!!!!

Erica :ilikeit:

Hey thanks guys - I've heard of this arrangement before but didn't realise is was that trustworthy. Makes things a lot easier because I can choose my own dates etc...

Hi Tilla

I work for an airline, and trust me, your son will be in very good hands from the minute you leave him at the boarding gate. They take UMNR's (unaccompanied minors) very seriously. Your son will be just fine.