Saffer kids on train yesterday

Almost Aussie

:ilikeit: Well done Saffer kids! You made me, once again, proud to be a Saffer and great to see we don’t learn our kids different in Aus.

Yesterday on my way back home at 4pm I got on the train at Perth underground on the Clarkson line. Four teenagers (2 boys and 2 girls) got in with me and sat in front of me. They were clearly enjoying the school holidays in the city and chatting away in Afrikaans which gave them away as Saffers.

At Leerderville station other homeward bound members of the workforce got in and unlike most Aussie kids they offered their seats to them. I watched these people as they took to their seats and shook their heads by looking at each other in disbelieve of what has just happened.

I don’t know who those kids were but they’ve really made me proud and motivate me even more as a parent!

Good on ya mates!

Excellent!

Dax

Wow, i hope my kids grow up to be just as polite. Well Done to those parents whose kids were on the train.

S

:ilikeit: Well done Saffer kids! You made me, once again, proud to be a Saffer and great to see we don’t learn our kids different in Aus.

Yesterday on my way back home at 4pm I got on the train at Perth underground on the Clarkson line. Four teenagers (2 boys and 2 girls) got in with me and sat in front of me. They were clearly enjoying the school holidays in the city and chatting away in Afrikaans which gave them away as Saffers.

At Leerderville station other homeward bound members of the workforce got in and unlike most Aussie kids they offered their seats to them. I watched these people as they took to their seats and shook their heads by looking at each other in disbelieve of what has just happened.

I don’t know who those kids were but they’ve really made me proud and motivate me even more as a parent!

Good on ya mates!

My neighbour (a South AFrican too) told me a similar experience. She went to a coffee shop over the weekend. It was very busy and she found a table but no chairs. The very friendly South AFrican teenager offered her the chairs and said that her mother had another appointment and would only be back in a while. How nice, and she didn't even know that my neighbour was South AFrican! I also had great compliments from my children's school teachers about the kids behaviour and manners. So we do teach our kids well, and they obviously DO listen to us (sometimes).

Keep up the good work all parents and children!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear that the Saffer kids are so polite!

Kids like that are few and far between these days. Moms and dads, keep up the good work! :ilikeit: