where in South Australia

Spider

we relocate to when our visa is in? i do change and project management my hubby is a photographer...we also want to be somewhere where we will meet many of you from a support network perspective

Hi Chandi,

Seems South Australia is not not apopular destination on the forum at all.

We are looking at Adelaide, but also consider the rural towns as well. The Riverland looks cool, wont know until we are there, but small and no too far away, relatively speaking. I'll go anywhere where I will have a good job and there's at least shopping and entertainment nearby. Mt Gambier look like an option as well.

I don't think there are lots of South African support around, I do think there will be in the towns, maybe just not on the forum. We plan to get involved with church activities (wife's a minister) and sport. Sure well meet lots of cool people!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by Maloui

Hi Chandi

We are not in SA yet where would you like to stay near the beach or inland so to speak?

We decided to stay at the sea-side for the first few months we are looking at places like - Glenelg, Hallett Cove and Brighton.

You can use the link all the suburbs is there good luck there is so many http://www.adelaidesuburbs.com.au/

When are you leaving?

Hi Chandi

Come stay in Seaford Rise, I will be your support network. :rolleyes:

We are 32km from the City, 45 min drive and a stone throw from the popular MOANA beach. Southern suburbs.

Edited by DESIREEB

by march next year i think...thanks i'll check the links..

We are leaving Feb 2010 will be able to give you a better idea when we are there... :rolleyes:

Maloui,

There are many thousand Saffer families in South Australia and there is a support network here both on and off the forum. South Australia also offer state "rural"sponsorship which no or few other states offer.

sounds great Desiree

I posted some info for you here

Hope it helps, let me know if there's anything else,

Dax

Maloui,

There are many thousand Saffer families in South Australia and there is a support network here both on and off the forum. South Australia also offer state "rural"sponsorship which no or few other states offer.

Haha, just takes a while to get them started up!

I see a lot of really active members from other parts, and the South Aus replies takes a lonnnggg time to be answered. Will look you guys up!

Louis

Haha, just takes a while to get them started up!

I see a lot of really active members from other parts, and the South Aus replies takes a lonnnggg time to be answered. Will look you guys up!

Louis

Hi Louis

About 6000 ex South Africans in South Australia/Adelaide. The South Australian/South African network meet on the last Tuesday of every month at the Hackney Hotel in Adelaide.

180 members active on Facebook.

Numerous fraternities, networks and church groups, English and Afrikaans speaking scattered all around Adelaide and the Adelaide suburbs.

South Africans arriving in Adelaide/South Australia obviously settle easier/better than those relocating to other cities/states :ilikeit::ilikeit: may be the reason why they are not as active on the forum :whome:

Best time to evaluate towns/suburbs etc is when you get here. Each to his/her own.

Enjoy!

Manny