In Desperate Need of Prayers - Update on father-in-laws condition

VivaOZ

I am not look for sympathy, only a place where people who knows what I am going through can tell me it will be ok.

I posted last night in Need for Prayer and this is an update. Dad is really really sick. The blood poisening have spread across his whole body and he has been put on a ventilator.

I know that we need to be stong but how? How do you stay positive when someone you love so much is slipping away. He has always been so strong, so fit for his 73 years. Cherry on top, tomorrow 7 July would be his 73 birthday.

How do I stay strong for my husband who just adore his dad. We were still busy planning for their visit in Des and now ......

My heart is breaking for my mother-in-law. She has handled so much in her live that I do not know how she is going to handle this.

I think in a way I blame myself now for taking him away from his dad as I was the drive behind our move. If we were still there then maybe it would not have been so hard.

I have to ask all that read this to just pray for him to get better. I just wish there was more that I can do.

Thanks for reading, I feel a bit better (stopped sobbing)

Wilma

Hi Wilma,

I cannot understand what you are going through except to say that I feel the same way about my father-in-law that you do. And I know that I myself would be devastated if something ever happened to him (let alone how his actual children would feel - he is very special). The only thing I can do is really pray for your father-in-law, your husband and you and the rest of your family. God works in mysterious ways. I lost my brother very suddenly three years ago, I still have no idea why in God's eyes but I have faith and I trust God in these things. I know you are probably so angry right now but miracles do happen so let's all pray and leave the rest up to God.

Let us know what is happening.

God bless,

Liesl

Hi Wilma

My heart really does go out to you, this must be so incredibly hard for all of you.

Please don't put any blame on yourself, you have to make the right choices for your family and we have to remember that our parents will grow older and eventually leave us whether we are in RSA or anywhere else.

All you can do is stay strong for your husband when he needs you the most.

I will be thinking of you

Andrea

'in the name of god .the beneficient,the most meriful.'

'oh almighty god,from whom cometh every good and perfect gift.master of mankind. master of the day of judgement.guide us on the straight path.and not on the path of those who have earned thy wrath.from you god we have come and unto you shall we return.please almighty make it easy for wilma and her father.amen'

may almighty be with you and family in this crisis.amen

Thank you again ...

News not good, the docters did all they could but they do not know if he will pull through the night. Boy oh boy this is so hard.....

How do I comfort my husband if I am broken myself..........

Thank you again ...

News not good, the docters did all they could but they do not know if he will pull through the night. Boy oh boy this is so hard.....

How do I comfort my husband if I am broken myself..........

when we have tears in our eyes,we use tissues.

when we have tears in our hearts, what do we use.turn to god.

for god has not forsaken us.turn to you lord

when we ask god for strength,we do not get big biceps but challenges which strengten our character.

dear wilma.

god gives us life.so who has a right over our life?

i feel so bad for you that i am writing to make you feel a bit better and hope that is what wil happen.lf you have the strength to express your pain believe you me god will give you the strength to comfort your husband.

you and family are in my prayers.

Hello Wilma

You are at a place we all dread to be...but the most IMPORTANT thing is DO NOT BLAME YOURSELF at all. He would not want you to and he knows you all love him. Support your hubby and cry with him cos you will share the grief together and be stronger for it too...... I will pray for you and your family and hope that your Dad does not suffer. Let us know how he is doing and remember that to leave this earth after having a good healthy life for a long time - and have minimal suffering is the way we would all really wish our end to be.....

Luv K

X

Hi Wilna

Ek wil net se ek dink aan jou.

Sterkte!

May God give you and your family strength and courage to face the battle ahead of you. Thinking of you and keeping all of you in our prayers.

Hi Wilma

Dink aan jou en jou familie.

Moenie jouself blameer nie, dit is nie jou skuld nie. Jy en jou man het mekaar nou nodig.

Sterkte :hug:

I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. Dad passed away this morning with granny, mom and two of the three sons and daughters-in-laws and 4 of the 6 grandchildren by his side. Sadly only 4 hours after his 73 rd birthday.

Now we have to try and go on, try to continue with knowing he would not spend christmas with us like we were planning.

Thank you all for praying and thinking of us, I greatly appreciate the support I know I can get from the forum.

The Putter family

I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. Dad passed away this morning with granny, mom and two of the three sons and daughters-in-laws and 4 of the 6 grandchildren by his side. Sadly only 4 hours after his 73 rd birthday.

Now we have to try and go on, try to continue with knowing he would not spend christmas with us like we were planning.

Thank you all for praying and thinking of us, I greatly appreciate the support I know I can get from the forum.

The Putter family

You will be in my thoughts and prayers through this tough time. My deepest sympathies to you all.

God bless,

Liesl

Hi Putter familie

Ons innige simpatie met julle pa se afsterwe, ons bid dat die Here vir julle vertroosting sal bring.

Sterkte vir die tyd wat voorle vir julle en die familie in SA.

Linda

I am so sad for the Putter family. May he rest in peace and may all of you find peace within as well.

God bless

K

I am at a loss for words, but know that you are remembered in our prayers!

Jammer om die hartseer nuus te hoor.

Sterkte vir jou en jou familie, dink aan julle.

Hi Wilma. My innige simpatie vir jou en die familie. Ek bid dat God julle sal krag gee.

Sterkte

Petro

Thinking and praying for your family at this difficult time.

I think this is our biggest fear when we make the move.

My brother was in the UK when our dad was killed and it was terrible to hear the news over the phone and then the 12 hour flight back home.

Again thinking of you and your family

My condolences to your whole family. May God give you strength to carry on. Thinking of you all

Thank you so much for all the messages. This is what have kept me going the last 2 days. I have not spoken to many of my own family as my in-laws take priority right now so I feel kind of alone out here. I am trying to be the strong one now to support my hubby who is walking around like a zombie, without any directions or purpose. I really feel so sory for him and I want to take his pain away but I know there is nothing I can do except for being there for him. He does not really talk much or eat much and it is really hard to see him this way.

We wanted to go for the service but the family arranged it all for friday and we could only get flights out friday, so there is no use of putting ourself in dept for missing the important part. (wich makes everything harder but also at the same time lighter, not to face all the people) Anyway we are trying to get a skype setup in the church so that we could watch it, just hope that we can get a good conection.

I just wanted to say thankyou, it helps me to know that there is a place where I can escape to even if it is just to read others posts. And it does help me not to feel so alone out here in Aussie.

Thank you again

Wilma

hi wilma

hope you guys are coping.

just as a suggestion.why not have a prayer/memorial in oz as well.even it is only you and hubby.you do not have to be a priest to do this.

just set aside a time and place and talk about the fond memories. a visit to cemetary will do good in that it will be easier to accept that we are born to die.god alone can fill that void in the heart.

wishing you and hubby everything of the best.

Wilma,

My hart is so seer vir julle !!! Dis een van die seerste seer !!! Hou jou man besig... hy moenie tyd kry om te dink nie... want dit is die "wat as" wat jou vang... In my geval was dit... "wat as" ons vroeer opgemerk het... "wat as" ons hom vroeer by die hospitaal gekry het... En nou amper 3 jaar later kan ek nog steeds nie in ICU ingaan sonder om 'n paniek aanval te kry nie...

Ek dink aan julle en dra julle in my gebede. Mag die dag sommer gou kom dat julle aan Pa kan dink met glimlag en nie trane nie !!!

Sterkte vir julle in hierdie moeilike tyd.