So clever . . .

Serendipity

I'm going to miss SA...

I think SA humour is the best in the world... if anything is going to make me homesick... it is situations like this....

Eish... viva SA viva

That picture was so not taken in SA.

1) They are actually cleaning up after themselves. Would not happen in SA

2) They are far to pale.

3) There is no downtown Jozi building that is that new and tidy. Without rubble in the corners.

Not in RSA mate.

4) They are wearing nice high visibility vests. In South Africa you occasionaly see one bit then it is usually torn and so dirty it isn't refelective anymore.

5) They are both working. In South Africa one will be leaning on his broom watching the other one.

Not in RSA mate.

4) They are wearing nice high visibility vests. In South Africa you occasionaly see one bit then it is usually torn and so dirty it isn't refelective anymore.

5) They are both working. In South Africa one will be leaning on his broom watching the other one.

Not to mention road signs from UK.

The van will fit between the posts anyway with mirrors folded down. Check the paving stone widths at the van and pillars

AND - in Europe, they have such poles. NOT in SA. And the poles are removable.

According to Snopes:

The actual location, as indicated by the street signs and other contextual clues, appears to be a building on Quay Street in Manchester:

More important, though, is the fact that the bollards shown in the photograph appear to be of a type designed so that they can be removed and replaced with blanking caps (and thus the departure of the workmen's van is likely not as problematic as it might appear.

HA,HA...HEE,HEE....U guys are too funny!!

Ericah

AND - in Europe, they have such poles. NOT in SA. And the poles are removable.

I saw this some time ago - I agree that I doubt it is in SA.

Just to point out that those bollards are most definitely available in SA and they are clearly not removable.

Removable bollards either drop down vertically or they have hinge connection. In both cases there is a clearly visible locking system at the bottom.

Despite all the corrections, this is still laugh-out-loud-wet-your-pants funny... :ilikeit: