On my way...

CraigJazza

Hi all, I have been browsing on and off, there is some excellent advice on this website, and have thought I’d introduce myself. Born and raised in the Cape I’ve been in Joburg the past 12 years working in the video and graphics game, with my own business for 10 of those.

I have a daughter of 7, my wife passed away 4 years ago. About a year after that I made the decision to apply for Oz (both my brother and sister and various cousins are in Sydney). Went through the whole tedious application process and then got cold feet. So a year ago I hook up with this really great lady and what do you know 2 months later my PR visa comes through. We went to Australia in Feb to stamp in and look around and I have made the decision to move, have been tying up my affairs slowly since then. The only hassle is that my girlfriend is very unsure of this move all her family are in SA. I don’t want to push her into anything she will regret but at the same time I need to do what is right for myself and my kid. Any comments or tips will be greatly appreciated.

Hi

Welcome to the forum! I think a lot of people here have been in a similar situation with one partner very keen and the other not so much so. We have been in Melbourne nearly a year now and are absolutely loving it. My kids have lots the cynical edge they had in SA and are playing more childhood games again. They can be kids and not have to worry so much any more.

All I can think to tell you is that you don't have to feel guilty for doing what you feel is right for you and your child. Things work out for the best in the end.

Anything else we can help with, just ask.

Welcome to the forum family CraigJazza !

Its a hard road some of us travel to get here - but Im sure once you and your little one are here you will see it was all worth while.

Wish I could give you advice on your love life - a toughie !

All the best with your plans.

Welcome to the forum.

There is a thread on how people's marriages (relationships) have been affected by the molve to Aus.

Maybe worth a read.

All the best for your future!

Welcome to the forum!

All I can say is that you need to do what's best for your child and yourself.

I wish you all the best and let us know how things go.

Welcome to this amaing forum. Stick to your guns. It is the best thing you could do for your little one. The best present you could ever give her. I know it is hard, but you have come this far, might as well give it a go!!!

Thanks for all the comments. Since i have made the decision to go it makes it a lot easier. Gotta focus on all the many positives

Hi CraigJazza,

Welcome to the forum, this will also become your extended family!

All the best with your plans, I am sure your daughter will settle in quickly.

Where are you heading to in Oz?

Take care

Chocolate

Hi Chocolate,

Thanks for the comments. I've got no doubts about her she is pretty confident and outgoing

All the family is in Sydney so thats where we'll go. Did enjoy Melbourne on our last trip though it seemed to be really laid back.

Hi Craig,

What about introducing your girlfriend to the forum as well? That way she can maybe get to know some people in advance and get the chance to ask any questions of her own that she has?

Good luck either way - you've made the right decision, in my opinion :blush:

Ajay

I LOVE Melbourne, but then I am biased, I live here :ilikeit:

LOL! Don't worry Polly, I LOVE Melbourne too, and I have never, ever been there! ROTFLMAO! But, because I know so many people in Mlb and because I have wanted to live there for many years, I just KNOW that when we do get there (from NSW) we will absolutely love it too!

:blush:

Welcome to the forum Craig! I hope that your emigration process goes smoothly, and that you and your little one will soon be able to make a new life in Australia.

Edited by Good Witch