Thought for the day : 15/06/2009

Mara

Sometimes, it seems like God is far away.

It seems like He is ignoring us, but He is not.

He is waiting for us to come to Him.

Out of love, He chooses to show compassion to us.

He chooses to help us.

He longs for us to turn to Him when we're struggling with something.

He won't force himself on us, but, He will jump in as soon as we ask him to.

We might think we're alone, but, we're not.

We just need to ask Him for help.

But the Lord still waits for you to come to him so he can show you his love and compassion. For the Lord is a faithful God...

ISIAH 30:18

Thanx so much for this Mara, it is so true and it has just happend to me:

As you most of you know I have really been struggeling to get my registration as a nurse and had to send some documents to the Northern Territory today, but I had to sign a declaration in front of a commisioner of oaths or equivalent, and having only been in Oz for a week, I had no idea where to find this kind of person

Anyways, I read this post this morning and said a little prayer in my heart asking God to help me with my registration and these documents. So off I went to the post office to get an envelope and a money order and asked them where I could find a Commisioner of Oaths and they didn't know. Than a women in the line says if it can be done by a Dr. she will sign it for me, so we check and unfortunately she can't, and tells me where to find a Justice of Peace and while she is explaining where I can go, a woman walks in and says, 'I'm a Justice of Peace'!!! So i got my document signed and sent off, only because this morning I just asked God for help!!

How wonderful!

Exactly what I needed to re-inforce my experience in the last few days. Things have slowly but surely become harder for me in all areas and I realized between all the business and long, unsociable work hours my prayer life had suffered and my church attendance cut in half so I turned off the radio as I drove to work two nights ago and prayed all the way and what a difference already. I am watching to see what else changes and trust He will clear the path as I look to Him.

I needed to read this today, thanks.

Susan

I am glad that the thought for the day brings comfort to others as well! God Bless!

He longs for us to turn to Him when we're struggling with something.

Going through a rough patch at the moment so a guess this is my answer.

Hi JennyR, I sincerely hope that tomorrow will be a better day for you!