Filling for chocolate mousse cake

nans

This was quite popular with some who attended the ladies tea in Melbourne at Mara's house. I promised I'll post the recipe for the chocolate mousse filling for the chocolate mousse cake.

Melt 150 g white or brown chocolate and 60g unsalted butter in a beatproof bowl. Cool slightly and whisk in 1 egg yolk. The mixture will separate, so continue whisking until smooth. Whip 200ml thickened cream until firm peaks form. Fold into chocolate mixture. Whisk 1 egg white until firm peaks form and gently fold into chocolate misture. Cover and refrigerate until firm.

You could also use this for an easy chocolate mousse dessert

Enjoy

Ladies, I suggest you give it a try, it is the yummiest cake filling I have ever had....excellent for the waste, measured in kilos not inches!

Ladies, I suggest you give it a try, it is the yummiest cake filling I have ever had....excellent for the waste, measured in kilos not inches!

I knew there was a reason why I should have chosen Melbourne over Perth! Do you have a fav recipe for the cake, Nans?

I knew there was a reason why I should have chosen Melbourne over Perth! Do you have a fav recipe for the cake, Nans?

Hi Cindylou

No, don't have a favourite recipe for cake. Will post the one I used on Saturday. Worked well and I didn't have to adapt the recipe, which is from South Africa.

Regards

Nanette