Ladies Tea !!!

Mara

Hi Ladies

I am back from running around the USA and have been following the requests for a ladies tea!

My thoughts were to make it for around 11am, that everyone brings a plate of eats, some savoury, some sweet, then we have the whole day to natter, and then head for home at around 4pm. Of course, this would be the ideal opportunity for hubby to show off his childcare abilities! This is a day for the ladies only, no hubbies, no kids, just a ME day for us all!

The date has been set as Saturday, June 13th, 2009.

Time 11am to 4pm

Please bring a plate of eats with you, then we can munch through lunch! If you wish to bring some wine, that is OK as well!

PLEASE BRING YOUR SLIPPERS WITH, we prefer not to wear shoes in the house (I am a lazy cleaner)

I will PM my address details closer to the date, but please note that I live in Sunbury.

All ladies are welcome, bring a friend and have a great day out!

Please indicate on this thread whether you would like to attend so that we can make sure of the numbers.

Mara - I am still in SA but your offer is a very kind one. I am sure you will get a great response.

Bless you.

Hi Ladies

I am back from running around the USA and have been following the requests for a ladies tea!

Well I am happy to host it at my home, it would have to be on a Saturday, and if you guys let me know which Saturday would suit you, then we can make it happen. My thoughts were to make it for around 11am, that everyone brings a plate of eats, some savoury, some sweet, then we have the whole day to natter, and then head for home at around 4pm. Of course, this would be the ideal opportunity for hubby to show off his childcare abilities! This is a day for the ladies only, no hubbies, no kids, just a ME day for us all!

So, here are the dates, for those of you that would like to attend, answer with your date preference.

June 13th

June 20th (I am not available - so cannot do that date, I have visitors)

June 27th

What a great idea,

I would love to attend - the only date I can't make it is on 20 June - the shopping day is that day!

Nadine

Hi Mara

Thanks for the offer.

You let us know which date (the 13th or the 27th) suits you best and we will arrange accordingly.

Like Nadine said - the 20th is shopping day!!!

Nice to have you back!

Well guys, if you check my post, I was not available on the 20th anyway. I think we should make it for the 13th, the sooner the better. Now if all of those that have been shouting for the ladies tea, would reply, then we can get it organised.

I'm in!! Gives me a chance to spend some time baking again...

Well guys, if you check my post, I was not available on the 20th anyway. I think we should make it for the 13th, the sooner the better. Now if all of those that have been shouting for the ladies tea, would reply, then we can get it organised.

I'll definitely be there!

Nadine

:lol:

Righto, here is the head count"

Mara

Nadine

Doortjie

Nans

Vanessa & daughter

Lisa

Hopefully we will get a few more!

Oh and don't forget me. I will ask Lisa and my daughter to join as well. Will let you know.

Thanks

Vanessa

Sorry... wont be able to make it.. hubby works till 4pm on a Saturday and no one to watch the monsters!!! Hope you guys (errr well girls... ) have FUN!!!

Polly & Catz, sorry you cannot make it this time, hopefully next time!

Come on ladies, we are looking for a great turnout!

Count me in too!! A morning with no kids no washing no housework... this is just getting better!!!! Yeeeeeee I ll be there!

Fantastic Neola, you are added to the list!

Mara

Nadine

Doortjie

Nans

Vanessa & daughter

Lisa

Neola

I am just wondering where everyone has disappeared to? Come on guys, you will be sorry, we are going to have fun!

Come on Ladies!

A few have asked for a tea in the west... Let's support this one!!

I would have loved to come, but my husband will be in china for a business trip and I have to look after my daughter.

Ilka

Thanks for the invite - I am in:-))))))))))))))Looking forward to a day out...

Great Pinky, you are added to the list!

Mara

Nadine

Doortjie

Nans

Vanessa & daughter

Lisa

Neola

Pinky

Sniff sniff :ilikeit: Wish I was there to meet all of you but unfortunately I am thousands and thousands of kilometers away! Hey Mara, when was the last time you visited SA?

Hi JennyR

So sorry you cannot be here too! The last time I was in SA was about four years ago. I still have three older sisters that live in the Jhb area. At the end of that trip I just decided that it would be my last trip, I really feel uncomfortable now when I go there. After nearly sixteen years I am no longer alert enough to be safe there, I have totally forgotten what it is like to always be on the lookout. So....decided if they wanted to see me I would rather fund their trip to Australia, then we can kick back in safety, and catch up!

Mara thats why I was asking because I know you've been overseas (Aus/NZ) for many years now. Always wondered if the trips get less the longer one lives overseas.

Sorry I am off the topic here. Was just curious!

Enjoy your tea! Hope someone will bake some milk-tart :rolleyes:

xxx

Edited by JennyR

Well ladies, this is just to remind you that the ladies tea is five days away, we look forward to seeing you there and you are most welcome to bring a friend. Please just let us know if you are planning to attend so that we know how many to plan for.