Queensland bound Newbie

Dilligaf

Hi Joanne. I did the application in person with the secretary of a matron M. I submitted written request for training records to be sent to Australia by JHB Gen (My wifes training hospital). I was told 3 weeks. After 3 weeks I phoned. Iwas told 3 months so I waited. Then I went and sat in her office for a whole day and asid I will wait until you do it. I offered to help, or even a cash incentive to DO HER JOB. I then discovered I was supposed to pay first. I had asked this on day one and was told pay when the docs were ready!! the best part of a year went by and they did NOTHING. Luckily I knew a doctor in Aus who was married to a Dr who was high up enough to go and request it was done. We got teh email saying he had spoken to the matron, the next day we were phoned to say the documents were ready. I had similar problems with getting a copy of my diploma (lost in action) also took a year and I had to apply from scratch.

The nursing council in PTA were great. Paid the fee (along with about 30 black nurses going to the UK) and the proof of registration was ready when promised.

if you are coming to Brisbane let me know if you need any help.

Mike

Hi Mike

We actually just can't wait to be outta here!!! Working at Union Hospital at the moment and I am so stressed it is ridiculous!!!

We are looking at living in the North Lakes area, so want a job as near as possible to that area as I could possibly get!!!

My hubby is gonna be a stay at home dad until he can get a job! ( This does not impress him much!!!) But I'm not bothered about who's working and who's not at this stage , just as long as we're there!!

Thanks for the offer to help, will surely take it up hopefully early next year! Waiting for State Sponsorship then going to lodge visa app!!!

Glad you are doing well there!!

Joanne :ilikeit:

Hi and welcome....

Hi

Welcome to the forum..... We have been in Queensland Brisbane for 6 months now and are loving it... Out boys are 10 and 13 and absolutely love the way of life and have settled really well... Good luck with the move.....

:holy::ilikeit::ilikeit:

Thanks so much for all of the warm welcomes.........

OK so now I have just posted off my paperwork for asesment at ANMC for General Nursing.I am a bit worried about this as I am actually practicing as a midwife however they will only be doing a modified assessment because my Registration with QNC is complete.Unfortunately I wanted to be assessed for Midwifery but after 5 weeks they are still busy with my application for endorsement.Due to the 30th June deadline for IELTS requirements,I decided to take the chance and hopefully it will pay off.The way I see it is that if the Midwifery registration does come through then I can still opt to practice as my General Registration will provide the basic skill required.Am I way off base with my thinking ? Any input would be greatly appreciated TIA

ACADEMIC IELTS booked for 27th June Just in case :)

Thanks so much for all of the warm welcomes.........

OK so now I have just posted off my paperwork for asesment at ANMC for General Nursing.I am a bit worried about this as I am actually practicing as a midwife however they will only be doing a modified assessment because my Registration with QNC is complete.Unfortunately I wanted to be assessed for Midwifery but after 5 weeks they are still busy with my application for endorsement.Due to the 30th June deadline for IELTS requirements,I decided to take the chance and hopefully it will pay off.The way I see it is that if the Midwifery registration does come through then I can still opt to practice as my General Registration will provide the basic skill required.Am I way off base with my thinking ? Any input would be greatly appreciated TIA

ACADEMIC IELTS booked for 27th June Just in case :ilikeit:

Depending on where you get work, they will assist you to get it done in QLD. Go with what you have is a good idea.

One thing. My wife had many years nurseing experience. They have many LEVELS. She put on the starter level of pay, but a bit of cpomplaining she went to the top pay of level 1. Level 2 is manager type nursing