Queensland bound Newbie

Dilligaf

Hi all,wow what a fab forum !

Just to introduce myself as Teresa from Northern KZN,OH is Stuart and 3 boys 14,12 and almost 6.My profession is Midwifery but we are both the wrong side of 40 so the clock is ticking.Busy with my skills assessment at ANMC before the deadline for compulsory academic IELTS YIKES :ph34r: Then we will be able to submit for 176 for QLD.

Went on a LSD to Brisbane,Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast in March with the boys and did lots of investigations more like a working holiday.Found out lots but plenty still to learn.The boys are quite keen on the idea now as they were dubious before so that is a weight off our minds.

Welcome to the forum..

And good luck for the journey ahead....

big welcome to the forum....we r like one big family here, and you are going to learn more than anywhere else, most of all, the moral support we all need for the big move is just a click away....

ps..i had a chuckle about your screen name, it is quite popular here, and even some cars have stickers on the back windows with it on....its a good saying!

Welcome to the forum - hope your path to a visa approval is short and hassle-free!

Liesl

Welcome to this super dooper forum. You are sure to benefit immensely from all the info everyone shares on a daily basis, even go through the highs and lows with each other. We are heading to Sunshine Coast, so who knows we may be chatting quite frequently about our experiences and our adventures

Welcome to this super dooper forum. You are sure to benefit immensely from all the info everyone shares on a daily basis, even go through the highs and lows with each other. We are heading to Sunshine Coast, so who knows we may be chatting quite frequently about our experiences and our adventures

Welcome to the forum!

All the best with the IELTS and your visa application! :lol:

Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes........it feels like a family already :) The journey ahead is a long and onerous one though :lol:

Thanks for the warm welcomes,it feels like a family already.........the journey ahead is an onerous one though :lol:

WELCOME!!! Half of Natal already here- so get movin' :unsure:

Hi all,wow what a fab forum !

Just to introduce myself as Teresa from Northern KZN,OH is Stuart and 3 boys 14,12 and almost 6.My profession is Midwifery but we are both the wrong side of 40 so the clock is ticking.Busy with my skills assessment at ANMC before the deadline for compulsory academic IELTS YIKES :thumbdown: Then we will be able to submit for 176 for QLD.

Went on a LSD to Brisbane,Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast in March with the boys and did lots of investigations more like a working holiday.Found out lots but plenty still to learn.The boys are quite keen on the idea now as they were dubious before so that is a weight off our minds.

Hi Teresa. My wife is a nurse and got us our visa :D We lived in Mackay for almost 4 years and have been in Brisbane for a year. I know people the wrong side of 50 that came and love it! I was the wrong side of 40 as you put it and have no regrets. If you need nursing specific help I can get info for you.

For us the toughest part of the whole process was getting the paperwork from her training hospital. I say us but I did all the phone calls forms and emails to get completion. We are on the north side of Brisbane.

Arrived with children 12 and 9.

if you need assistance with anything let us know

Regards

Mike

Welcome!!

Queensland is great. We live in Brisbane, and are loving every moment. Our boys are 10 and 14 and are soooo happy!! Good luck with everything.

Welcome to this great place! The info here gets you further and you can vent as much as you need to! :lol:

We are also headed to Brisbane, I am a RN so know the frustrations you are about to embark on! I have got my QLD registration as well as ANMC and am now waiting on QLD state sponsorship. As Leeonoz said, the frustrations will not be will ANMC or Qld councils but with getting all your documents this side! I know the headache!! It was large! :angry:

Joanne :ilikeit:

Hi Teresa. My wife is a nurse and got us our visa :ilikeit: We lived in Mackay for almost 4 years and have been in Brisbane for a year. I know people the wrong side of 50 that came and love it! I was the wrong side of 40 as you put it and have no regrets. If you need nursing specific help I can get info for you.

For us the toughest part of the whole process was getting the paperwork from her training hospital. I say us but I did all the phone calls forms and emails to get completion. We are on the north side of Brisbane.

Arrived with children 12 and 9.

if you need assistance with anything let us know

Regards

Mike

Thanks Mike,

I appreciate the heads up........hopefully I have all the paperwork I need now.......other than the IELTS.It is my hope that I might beat the deadline of 30th June for this because I have Registerd with QNC already which was successful and now they are busy with my midders endorsement.It is now a race against time for submission to ANMC and I have been thinking about going ahead and doing skills assessment for a General Nurse.My worry is that I will be cutting off my chances of working a a midwife if I do not do my skills assessment for a Midwife ? What do you think-I am between a rock and a hard place right now?

TIA

Welcome to this great place! The info here gets you further and you can vent as much as you need to! :lol:

We are also headed to Brisbane, I am a RN so know the frustrations you are about to embark on! I have got my QLD registration as well as ANMC and am now waiting on QLD state sponsorship. As Leeonoz said, the frustrations will not be will ANMC or Qld councils but with getting all your documents this side! I know the headache!! It was large! :angry:

Joanne :ilikeit:

Yes I agree with the frustrations of collecting documents this side.......I qualified in UK though so have had a double dose because believe me UK was equally frustrating lol.Who knows maybe we can have a nurses meet and greet real soon as it seems there are a few of us here.

Welcome to the forum !

We are both the wrong side of 40 and have a 6 year old daughter. We arrived in Brisbane a month ago, and have JUST moved into a rental. Keep us updated on your thoughts and plans, and we will all advise and help where we can !

Cheers

Nix

Good luck with sponsorship Joanne.........how long have you been waiting to hear ?

Queensland Gov recieved all documents on 1st May, sent an email stating it would take 8-10weeks for an outcome! So we on a countdown now! Our Agent doesn't see a problem tho!!!! :blush:

Joanne

Thanks Mike,

I appreciate the heads up........hopefully I have all the paperwork I need now.......other than the IELTS.It is my hope that I might beat the deadline of 30th June for this because I have Registerd with QNC already which was successful and now they are busy with my midders endorsement.It is now a race against time for submission to ANMC and I have been thinking about going ahead and doing skills assessment for a General Nurse.My worry is that I will be cutting off my chances of working a a midwife if I do not do my skills assessment for a Midwife ? What do you think-I am between a rock and a hard place right now?

TIA

My wife was a midwife in RSA and loved it but then saw a few to many tragedies and decided it was not for her anymore. Sounds weird :blush: . Anyway she did not get her midwifery assesed. She had several offers from QLD health and a private hospital to assist with the upgrade.

If you want to practice midwifery then I would get it assesed. I got the training records sent as well as a copy for us to keep. You have done the hard part already so I would do it. Hope to see you soon in Brisbane :ilikeit:

We are also headed to Brisbane, I am a RN so know the frustrations you are about to embark on! I have got my QLD registration as well as ANMC and am now waiting on QLD state sponsorship. As Leeonoz said, the frustrations will not be will ANMC or Qld councils but with getting all your documents this side! I know the headache!! It was large! :ilikeit:

Joanne :blush:

Hi Joanne. I did the application in person with the secretary of a matron M. I submitted written request for training records to be sent to Australia by JHB Gen (My wifes training hospital). I was told 3 weeks. After 3 weeks I phoned. Iwas told 3 months so I waited. Then I went and sat in her office for a whole day and asid I will wait until you do it. I offered to help, or even a cash incentive to DO HER JOB. I then discovered I was supposed to pay first. I had asked this on day one and was told pay when the docs were ready!! the best part of a year went by and they did NOTHING. Luckily I knew a doctor in Aus who was married to a Dr who was high up enough to go and request it was done. We got teh email saying he had spoken to the matron, the next day we were phoned to say the documents were ready. I had similar problems with getting a copy of my diploma (lost in action) also took a year and I had to apply from scratch.

The nursing council in PTA were great. Paid the fee (along with about 30 black nurses going to the UK) and the proof of registration was ready when promised.

if you are coming to Brisbane let me know if you need any help.

Mike