How about a Coffee Club for Durbanites

Wannago

Are there any coffee club get-togethers planned for Durbanites? If not, would anyone from the area be interested in helping get one going?

Alan (wannago)

Durbs is a bit far, but how about one for Midlands/PMB?

Tracy

The best way to start off a coffee club is to just do it. Use the forum to find out how many ppl from your area would be interested and even if you start off with 1 or 2 families, it's a start and you'll be doing those 1 or 2 families a great big service! Contact Pippa - she's running the one in Gauteng and it is so successful, they were 70-90 ppl at the last one held in November! (Maybe she can give you a few tips on "how to" - she's a lovely person and would not mind sharing a few ideas.) Let us know how you're going! :hug:

Hi Durbanites,

The best way to start off a coffee club is to just do it. Use the forum to find out how many ppl from your area would be interested and even if you start off with 1 or 2 families, it's a start and you'll be doing those 1 or 2 families a great big service! Contact Pippa - she's running the one in Gauteng and it is so successful, they were 70-90 ppl at the last one held in November! (Maybe she can give you a few tips on "how to" - she's a lovely person and would not mind sharing a few ideas.) Let us know how you're going! :)

Thanks for the nice post Riekie :lol::blush::blush: ! Riekie is correct; you must just start, only if it is only 2 couples! Our first Coffee Club was in March 2006 and we started with approximately 15 people. We had the fourth Gauteng Coffee Club 2 weeks ago and we were approximately 80 people! Go for it and enjoy it. ;)

Please shout if you need any help!

Coffee Club Greetings, Pippa! X

• 1 month later...

Hi Alan

Have you received any responses/feedback regarding a coffee club in Durban.

My husband and myself are in the middle of that dreaded application and will hopefully be leaving before the end of the year for Sydney. We would be interested in meeting other people from Durban who are on their way over to Aus....

Robyn :holy:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Robyn,

I never had any direct replies of interest from others living in Durban. Let's just take Pippa's advice and start. I'd like to suggest Saturday 17 Feb, maybe at the Pavilion???

Any other Durbanites want to join us?

Alan

Hi Alan

Sorry didn't see your reply till today.

That sounds good, let us know where in Pav and what time?

Have you started with your application yet, and any idea of when you are leaving for Australia.

Trevor and I are also in Durban and would like to join in on this coffee club. Please let us know more details of where in the Pav and at what time!

Thanks Hayley

Hi Hayley

I will PM Alan and see what time best suits him....where about in Durban do you live?? Any suggestions for coffee shops in Pavillion

Robyn

I'd like to suggest 3pm on Saturday 17 Feb, at that coffee shop opposite Milky lane, between Spur and the entrance to Checkers. Can't think of the name but I'll find out and post it before D-day.

Alan

I'd like to suggest 3pm on Saturday 17 Feb, at that coffee shop opposite Milky lane, between Spur and the entrance to Checkers. Can't think of the name but I'll find out and post it before D-day.

Alan

Hi Alan,

Please can we do it in the morning rather. I play league in the afternoon and have two small children that sleep all afternoon.

Early morning for coffee is always good. How about Fego down in Exclusive books?

Thanks Hayley :rolleyes:

Hi Alan,

Please can we do it in the morning rather. I play league in the afternoon and have two small children that sleep all afternoon.

Early morning for coffee is always good. How about Fego down in Exclusive books?

Thanks Hayley :rolleyes:

Hi Hayley/Alan

Morning would be fine for us, at around 10am, if possible. I have swimming lessons with my son till 9am.

Hayley, what age are your children??, I have a 2 year old and 6 year old but I think I will leave them with Granny for the morning....the two year old is impossible in shopping centres!!

Any coffee shop will be fine with us.

Robyn

Hi Hayley/Alan

Morning would be fine for us, at around 10am, if possible. I have swimming lessons with my son till 9am.

Hayley, what age are your children??, I have a 2 year old and 6 year old but I think I will leave them with Granny for the morning....the two year old is impossible in shopping centres!!

Any coffee shop will be fine with us.

Robyn

Hayley/Robyn,

Okay, we'll meet in the morning at Fego's, but we can only get there between 10:30 and 11:00 as we have to go into work first.

Hope that suits everyone. Imagine trying to do this for 40 people!!!!!

Alan

Hi Robyn/Alan

My children are 3 years old and 16 months. I was thinking of bringing them but I'll see if Granny is available. Looking forward to meeting people in a similar boat!

I'll be there around 10am. See you then. Thanks for changing plans...

Hayley

Hi Hayley/Alan

See you Sat at around 10am, we will have to leave at around 11.15am....have to see friends from UK, so Alan, we will only get to see you for a short while

Hayley, how will we recognise each other....any ideas??

Hi Hayley/Alan

See you Sat at around 10am, we will have to leave at around 11.15am....have to see friends from UK, so Alan, we will only get to see you for a short while

Hayley, how will we recognise each other....any ideas??

If you've been to Aus and bought an Australian T shirt, wear it! :whome: Failing that, have you got a Sharks shirt? B)

Alan

Can you believe it, we've been to Australia...but didn't get the t-shirt!!

I will see if we have any sharks shirts, otherwise I will PM you my cell number and you can give us a call if we don't find each other. Hayley, do you have any aussie shirts??

• 3 weeks later...
Can you believe it, we've been to Australia...but didn't get the t-shirt!!

I will see if we have any sharks shirts, otherwise I will PM you my cell number and you can give us a call if we don't find each other. Hayley, do you have any aussie shirts??

Gosh you guys make me so jealous talking about the pavilion !!! especially Milky lane...hmmm blueberry muffins... Hope your coffee morning went great.. I am an ex durbanite living in Aussie - been here 6 years..originall from Westville, then Winston Park - kids at Thomas More..feel free to pick my brains as to all those questions you want to ask. ..ps loads of Durbanites on the Gold Coast (1 hour from Brisbane for those who dont know and currently the second fastest growing city in Aussie)..We have a great group set up here and meet once a month for a friendly lunch - mostly to help those newcombers settle in and make friends.

Good luck with your visa's - sometimes they surprise you..ours took 10weeks from application till we had our visa's in our hands....a bit too quick when u are banking on 2 years..

Gosh you guys make me so jealous talking about the pavilion !!! especially Milky lane...hmmm blueberry muffins... Hope your coffee morning went great.. I am an ex durbanite living in Aussie - been here 6 years..originall from Westville, then Winston Park - kids at Thomas More..feel free to pick my brains as to all those questions you want to ask. ..ps loads of Durbanites on the Gold Coast (1 hour from Brisbane for those who dont know and currently the second fastest growing city in Aussie)..We have a great group set up here and meet once a month for a friendly lunch - mostly to help those newcombers settle in and make friends.

Good luck with your visa's - sometimes they surprise you..ours took 10weeks from application till we had our visa's in our hands....a bit too quick when u are banking on 2 years..

Hi Heather

Our coffee went really well, nice to talk to people in the same situation as us. Made my husband and I even more sure that we were doing the right thing.....by leaving friends and family and starting our life in another country.

We are also from Winston Park, my daughter goes to Winston Park Primary School and her name was down to go to Thomas Moore once she reaches High School.

We are moving to Sydney, mainly because my brother, Uncle and Aunt, and all my cousins are living there.

How do the schools in Australia compare to Thomas Moore...are your kids in Private or Public Schools.

Keep Well

Robyn

Hi Alan

I'm new to the site but am keen to join you guys on your next coffee meeting. Live in Glenwood. We are just starting out on the aus application process for a 497, I think it's called and are using immigration agents. Are you using agents or applying on your own?

Cheers

Lyse

Hi guys,

How did your coffee morning go - was it successful?

Hi all

How about another coffee club for the Durbanites?? seems to be alot more of us....maybe somewhere where there is pace for kids to run around!! eg picnic

Anyone interested??

Hi all

How about another coffee club for the Durbanites?? seems to be alot more of us....maybe somewhere where there is pace for kids to run around!! eg picnic

Anyone interested??

Hi Australian

That would be great - may I suggest Amarula in Westville? If you don't already know the place it's a coffee shop with a great playground for kids otherwise could do botanic gardens/ mitchell park if a picnic sounds better? (Also help to save those $$$ for the big moves.)

Lyse

Hi Lyse,

Amarula is perfect! We can chat and the kids can play so nicely. How about Saturday the 17 March at 14H00?

We went to the last coffee club and it was excellent. :ilikeit:

Regards

Fisherman

[Morning

we are also from Durban and wondered if you are going to continue with the coffee club, when is your next get to gether.

We have done our TRA assesment, IELTS exam and have sent off for our 316 Visa at the begining of FEB07 so have still got a long wait ahead of us.

Our family consists of Myself 39, Wife38, Daughter 7 and son 6.

We are hoping to head to Perth.

Thanks

:ilikeit: