Mom- in- law Has cancer

georgie 1

Please include my mom-in -law and everyone that is affected by this news, in your prayers.

She is 74 and has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Everyone is in shock and very upset by this, especially her two daughters in NZ.

Anyone else experience this with a loved one, please share your experience by PM-ing me.

Our visa has been delayed(was on CSL... now off). Now I know why. We are the only children close enough to visit everyday and she wants to come to us when she is discharged from hospital.

Hi Georgie1

My dad was diagnosed with cancer in December last year - went to bath one evening and his lady friend found him passed out on the floor after hitting his head on the side of the toilet roll holder. - he is 69

He was admitted to hospital immediately - speach and memory impaired and all thought he'd had a stroke - After lots of test found a tumour the size of a golf ball with a tail to the centre of his brain affecting all senses, and cognitive side of brain. They removed it and he is undergoing Chemo at present.

Cancer moved to lungs, Liver and spine - he hates the chem0 - makes him feel really bad. has lost a lot of weight and in the beginning looked as if he had lost all hope and lease on life - over th epast few months - we have treated him normally and when he gets stuck on a word or forgets my name we just help him out and he carries on -

He is currently undergoing his last week of treatment and then the testing starts again - My dad was a very active person, was working until this happened and loves to travel , fish and play bowls which he is unable to do at the moment - he is very independant - always lived on his own, cooked for himself etc - he at times cant recall when he has eaten. He is getting stronger each day but his lifestyle will change dramatically.

I think that a person diagnosed with cancer needs a lot of support, It is not an easy thing to deal with as people immediately think they are about to die within days - This is not always so and with a good diet, care etc the patient can live a good, long and healthy life.

I do feel for you, and wish you all the strength you need to handle this situation. It is not easy watching someone you love dwindle away. search for your inner strength and you will find it - As humans we are capable of a lot more than we realise.

God Bless - You and yours will be in my prayers.

Brenda

Edited by Nick&Bren

My sister (29) was diagnosed with thyroid cancer in January. No cancer is easy for the family :D Wishing you and her all the best in this time.

Hi Georgie,

You and your family will be in our prayers. There is always a reason why things work out the way it should.

Good luck!

:D

Please include my mom-in -law and everyone that is affected by this news, in your prayers.

She is 74 and has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Everyone is in shock and very upset by this, especially her two daughters in NZ.

Anyone else experience this with a loved one, please share your experience by PM-ing me.

My thoughts are with you and i know what sort of emotions you are going through.

Both my parents have had and beaten cancer. It was a shock at first but then we put in minds in the right direction and all of us stuck together, from start to finish.

Be strong, keep your faith and also go in fully armoured with full intentions to beat it - try get your Mom-in-law to adapt the same attitude. CANCER CAN BE BEATEN! Our family proved it twice.

Thinking of you and your family.

If you ever need support please feel free to PM me, even its to just release how your feeling.

I can 100% relate - I lost my Mom to pancreatic cancer. As you know, it is a virulent form, and that I think is a blessing. Take the time now to spend the time and enjoy the moment.

I will keep you in my thoughts.....

Will be keeping both of your families in my thoughts Georgie and Brenda.

Stay strong! :hug:

'Georgie' you are a wonderful strong woman, with a wonderfully warm and generous heart.

Your mom-in-law has been greatly blessed with a daughter-in-law like you.

I lost my mom-in-law to lung cancer a few years back, and would have been devasted if we had been half way across the world.

It is a good thing that you will be close to her.

Sending you much strength, and keeping all of your family in my thoughts.

Look after yourself, and remember some of us are only a 'PM' away...

Your friend,

'red'

Thanks for the encouraging words. It really helps to know we are not alone. It is just so sad.

Thinking of you, your family and especially your mother-in-law.

You all, will be in my prayers!

Hi Georgie

I am so sad for you. You are quite right - there are reasons for everything. I am gald you are nearby for her. Make her time with you all very special and take so many pics!!!!!

Thinking of you.

Love K

Hi Georgie

As you say now you know why your Visa was delayed - I wish for you it had been for a happier reason. Our thoughts are with you all at this time.

For Georgie and all having a rough time.

God Bless and strength in these difficult times.

Debby

• 3 weeks later...

Georgie1

I am sorry to hear of this news.

I know it's not an easy thing to endure, any of it. Be strong, and positive (even if you don't feel it), I truly believe in laughter too.

I will keep your mum in law (and the family) in my thoughts and prayers.

Love

Simpsons

Hi Georgie

You will be in our thoughts and definitely in our prayers!

• 1 month later...

Thanks everyone.

Haven't been on the forum for a while. Mum passed away on 18 July 2009. 10 weeks after the diagnosis.

As shocking and unbelievable as it is I know she is in a better place.

Thanks again for your words of encouragement, thoughts and prayers.

To those of you who pm'd me with your experiences....you cannot believe how helpful your experiences have been.

Thanks everyone.

Haven't been on the forum for a while. Mum passed away on 18 July 2009. 10 weeks after the diagnosis.

As shocking and unbelievable as it is I know she is in a better place.

Thanks again for your words of encouragement, thoughts and prayers.

To those of you who pm'd me with your experiences....you cannot believe how helpful your experiences have been.

Strengh be with you and your family

Sorry to hear, trust that the Lord will keep you and your family strong at this difficult time.

So sorry to hear this. May God bless you all and give you strength in this difficult time.

Georgie, I am so sad for you. Hope your family will stand strong through this terrible time!

:blink:

So sad and sorry to read of your loss, stay strong.