Old Tailem Town

Red

We landed up in this odd little town called Tailem Bend. The town's centre is tiny but there is this awesome place called Old Tailem Town.

For those that haven't been there, it was quite fun, and I guess different.

$20 per adult and $5 per child was what we had to pay, and I feel it was worth it.

Their brochure reads 'You just have to see the most realistic and largest walk back in time Australia has to offer. It really is another world!'

Contact Peter Squires - (08) 8572 3838...

Will be posting some photo's shortly...

Oh, awesome photos! Would love to go there to take some too :ilikeit: Place looks amazing. Thanks for sharing

Fabulous photos Red!

Thanks for sharing them with us, you should have stuck some in the guessing game thread!

Sjoe! that's about as collonial as you can get, I loved the bank with the pony rail out front, I guess the ATM is inside :ilikeit: .

I guess the ATM is inside :ilikeit: .

:ilikeit:

Saying that though, we arrived at Tailem Town to find we had no cash on us... we eventually managed to find an ATM 10 minutes away at a dodgy pokie bar...

THAT was an experience!

The town also felt a bit eerie at times, almost like a nuclear bomb went off years back and we were walking around a 'ghost' town...

Amazing foto's Red! Where exactly is this town? Would love to see for myself...

Wow, can you just imagine, way back when all the corrugated were straight, neat and freshly painted, the cars and waterpumps were shining new, there walked people with spic-&-span clothes, horse carts and proud horses. There most probably were little well-kept gardens, or hanging pots with flowers on the porches. Children were playing around, laughing and running. Old people sitting on the porches, chatting. Daily newspaper advert were put up somewhere, telling of the latest news on the gold rush. Can you just imagine...

Good pics Red! I like the first picture the most.

The "Alaska Ice" at the General Dealer is rather amusing. :ilikeit:

:ilikeit:

Saying that though, we arrived at Tailem Town to find we had no cash on us... we eventually managed to find an ATM 10 minutes away at a dodgy pokie bar...

THAT was an experience!

The town also felt a bit eerie at times, almost like a nuclear bomb went off years back and we were walking around a 'ghost' town...

What are you talking about??

They did drop a nuclear bomb on Tailem Bend.

Didn't you know? . . . . . all that nuclear fall-out and radiation for the next 250 000 years . . . .

Did you glow in the dark when you all got home later on?

Did you glow in the dark when you all got home later on?

Ah Bob that explains it all!!! I fully understand the 'glowing in the dark' thing now... :ilikeit:

We're missing you here in Adelaide... hurry home... we still haven't had skippy for tea!

I like the first picture the most.

I really liked that one too... especially because when I see it I remember how weirdly the guy kept staring at us...

He must have thought, stupid tourists... I'm not part of the show!