Air / Pellett Gun

Robyn Abrey

Can anyone advise me on what to do with my son's air gun. It has been in the Family for generations and is a treasured memento from my deceased Father and their many hours spent together shooting at cans and targets. But I'm not sure if I can bring it into Oz and would welcome any advise.... thank you in advance,

Kind regards,

Robyn

My boys had pellet guns and we were told we couldn't take them.

Maybe you actually can, but I'd imagine its lots of trouble to get permits etc. Its one of the things you have to declare so assume that means you can bring them in...

E-mail AQS direct.

No, it is not allowed, not even a BB gun.

Hunting rifles are allowed, but you need an agent to do it for you.

:)

Thanks All, It will be an item to say fairwell to!!! I certainly don't want to take anything requiring close scruitiny!!!

Regards Robyn

Hi Robyn

You can bring your air gun in - but there is a lot of 'red' tape and cost.

See this link for general info >

http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=4369#e1057

or visit these websites for specific detailed info - depending on which state you are going to >

post-12735-1240990567.jpg

I am bringing my firearms over. I left them with a licenced dealer in SA, then on arrival in Oz, contacted a licenced dealer here in Oz, he arranged my import permit, which I have sent to the guys in SA who are busy arranging the export permit. A long and costly route, but I understand it is 'easier' to export dealer to dealer, hence my following this route.

There is an option to apply for a 'collectors' licence - if it is of 'sentimental' value and you are not going to use it here.

hope this helps >

Can anyone advise me on what to do with my son's air gun. It has been in the Family for generations and is a treasured memento from my deceased Father and their many hours spent together shooting at cans and targets. But I'm not sure if I can bring it into Oz and would welcome any advise.... thank you in advance,

Kind regards,

Robyn

I'm in the process of shipping my rifles+shotgun over at the moment. Try legally-armed.co.za they do the South African part

of the deal for you. (export permits + shipping) then get a local dealer to assist with the import and once it's here do the

application. There's some more info on this here : http://ozdotcom.blogspot.com/2009/02/vuurwapens-na-oz.html

Baie dankie vir al die info. Ons is ook besig om uit te vind hoe om jaggewere Queensland toe te vat. Het iemand dalk al gehoor wat die kostes is?

Groete