When to move....

tyde

Hi guys,

It has been a while since I have been on the forum. Since our PR was granted we have done our LSD to Perth, returned home and now it seems that total apathy has crept into our lives. The Excitement and the frustration of waiting for the visa is over and to be honest my hubby and I have not even discussed when we are going since we got home 6 weeks ago. We loved Perth and he absolutely loved Prevelly / Dunsborough and now we can't seem to make our minds up. Life here is just so easy for us and I think the upheavel is just too much to even contemplate! Maybe it is because we like different areas and have to make a huge compromise on that - he likes the quiet coastal areas and I want to live closer to the city. Now that our passports have been validated we don't even discuss Australia! I am so confused, we had a two year plan for staying in SA - mostly for saving money, we are in a unique situation where he earns foreign currency so financially we are better off in SA as he is tax exempt here. For us to move to Oz is not really a financial blow but we will certainly not be as well off as we are here!

I just can't bear the thought of packing up my life here even though I KNOW without a shadow of a doubt that it is the right thing for my children! I can;t understand why I am stalling on this when I have been so driven to get to Oz for the past two years! :rolleyes:

I just want to say move when you feel ready... there won't be a better time...

All the best and take care,

red

I can really understand how you feel. It does seem easier to stay and it is tough to move out of a comfort zone and uproot yourself completely. I am always wondering what the right thing to do is. My heart says stay and my head says go.... Some people say one should make decisions with the head and others say listen to your heart!!!

:ilikeit::rolleyes:

Tough call. but that area you have chosen is really amazing. Dunsborough and Prevelly are incredible amazing. Dont wait until you become a victim of crime to help make up your minds.

Thanks guys, and Jordy you are right, it has to be the most beautiful little town that I have ever seen and we will definitely go, but it doesn't take away the difficulty of actually going if you know what I mean. I guess I realise now that getting the visa is really just the first step. During that process you are so focused on paperwork and time frames etc and not the actual process of disentangling your lives... but I am grateful that we got to go and see what we are trading our lives in for and it truly is amazing. Just need to get my *^*&^ into gear now!

You know tyde, the one thing those who emigrated years ago - those who have been here long enough to not feel any homesickness anymore ever - they all say the same thing: "The one regret we have is that we didnt do this years earlier."