Big things Australia

Happy2Bhere

Na die Telstra Bigpond advertensie op TV het ons besluit ons wil bietjie van die Big Things Australia hierso rondom Melbourne gaan soek. Ek het op die website op Google gekry.

Wat ek graag wil weet of ander mense ook so mal is soos ons en al van die goed gesien en fotos geneem het... Is dit die moeite werd? :cry:

Sal graag van ander mal mense wil hoor... :blush:

Edited by TrudieD

Trudie, dont feel alone, I am hoping to get to Adaminaby this weekend to see the "big trout". And of course take the pics to prove its the biggest !!

I dont think we are crazy / mal - just enjoying life in Aus !!

Went to Adelaide for LSD, the first thing we wanted to see was the "Big rockinghorse" and boy, it's B I G!!!! Had a lovely view from the top. Went to feed the wallabies and this shitty sheep kept on pushing for food!

I told him: Hey, I can feed sheep at home, so bugger off! Didn't work though...

December we went to KleineMonde in the Eastern Cape, and guess what? Bathhurst close by has this moerse pine-apple.

America is also big on big stuff!!! Really weird

Na die Telstra Bigpond advertensie op TV het ons besluit ons wil bietjie van die Big Things Australia hierso rondom Melbourne gaan soek. Ek het op die website op Google gekry.

Wat ek graag wil weet of ander mense ook so mal is

Geez, you bilingual people impress me!

If I got this right you love those big things, like you've seen on the ad on TV at the moment. :rolleyes:

If so, I am totally in agreement with you!

I am dying to go see the rocking horse... we've been here 5 months and we STILL haven't seen it... Oh, I lie... I've seen it because we were driving past... but not slow enough to take a good photo!

Next weekend people, just wait... I'll be at that rocking horse. If anyone has been to things like that please post photo's...

Awesome post!

red

I can't upload the Rocking Horse, it's 2,35MB much too big. Don't know how to make it smaller.......

The shark is outside Seawall apartments in Glenelg. Amazing and friendly people running the place! We actually stayed in the Chapel (honeymoonsuite).... although we got married 10 years ago...

post-11620-1240587111.jpg

Just resize it to a smaller resolution, 1024x768 or 1280x1024 should be fine.

:ilikeit: On our trip in May08, we saw the Big Pelican and the Big Avocado (sorry no pic's :() But here is the Big Banana :)

post-5933-1240594726.jpg

post-5933-1240594799.jpg

Just resize it to a smaller resolution, 1024x768 or 1280x1024 should be fine.

I can change it on the camera now for future photos, but it's already downloaded on my computer and I can't seem to change the settings of the photos there. I'm really dof with computers - only know the basics :ilikeit: On my facebook photos of Australia there's one of the horse as well as hubby with good oll Bob.

Hopefully this picture will load! The Big Pineapple in Sunshine coast Qld. My Kids sitting in front show you the size!

post-12070-1240845815.jpg

Ag dankie almal!!! nou is ek net meer opgewonde... ons gaan volgende naweek die groot wurm by Bass soek.... sal dan fotos post.

Silly question - anyone know where the Big Dinosaur is?? My son is dying to go there & I keep forgetting about it.

www.bigthings.com.au

is die "unofficial" website vir Big Things Australia.

• 1 month later...

And heres the Big Merino sheep - 15m high - in Goulburn NSW - my kids standing infront

SANY2199.jpg

And heres the Big Merino sheep - 15m high - in Goulburn NSW - my kids standing infront

Interesting thing about that 100 ton concrete sheep is that it didn't start out there. It was built over twenty years ago on what was then the main road through Goulburn. Some time later the Hume Highway bypassed Goulburn and the merino was left in something of a backwater, and in 2007 it was lifted up and shifted to its current location. It must have cost a fortune to move it.

http://www.daylife.com/photo/03RfbbD6TvewW

Oversize indeed!

I would never have believed the sheep had been moved !!! Its huge - What a task that must have been. Thanx for sharing that woodag.

• 9 months later...

If you visit the Big Rocking Horse you better come and say hello. I bought it a year ago (also from an ex-Saffer). It's a fun place! :)

Frans en Lyn Gous