HI ALL

elleneo

Hi there fellow forumites...

I was of the forum for a while but am back now...

im on my way to melbourne...hopefully by july...!!

looking forward to meeting and making tons of friends for when we arrive...

Its me...hubby and 2 year-old little girl... <_<

Good luck with you big move. I am sure you will love Melbourne as much as we do.

Heya red...keep up the journal!!...im really enjoying it!!

very impressed u remember me :rolleyes:

Hi, N... we've wondered where you've been ! Welcome back, happy for you to see you're on your way !

Good to have you back, Enjoy.

We are also leaving soon and have really blessed by all the great info and lotsa support on the forum.

Brenda

Of course i do dol!!!

well...if u the right one...if not...bonus!...a new friend :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all from Melbourne,

This has been my first choice but there are conflicting opinions about it! You either love it or hate it (seems that way). Is Melbourne weather as bad as some would have us believe? Apparently it is very rainy, hardly sunny and quite changeable (worse than Gauteng). Is it like Cape Town weather or worse than that? The sea also looks cold, do people swim in the sea in Victoria?

Other than that it looks like a great place to raise a family (we have two small children) with loads to see and do...oh and someone also told me the houses are very old but I'm sure that is one area this visitor went to and not the whole of melbourne!

Thanks ;-)

Weather is changeable. A bit like Cape Town, but with more extreme temperatures. Gets hotter and colder than in Cape Town. Rainy all the time? We wish. Ocean is great. Melbourne is in a big bay, so the water is relatively warm (warmer than the west coast of Cape Town).

Houses vary a lot. Lots of old and new houses. The outer suburbs are mostly new houses. Our suburb is about 10km from the CBD (as the crow flies) and it is about 50/50 old and new. Places tend to be big and spacious.

Great public transport :blush:

Today's weather:

2009_0504Melbourne0004.jpg

2009_0504Melbourne0008.jpg

Must have rained and I didn't notice because everything was a little wet :D

2009_0504Melbourne0012.jpg

Thanks Polly, great pics! Here in Gauteng we are also known for having 4 seasons in one day and let's mention margate while we're at it...very changeable weather there too!

Love the idea of good transport system. Been told to look at suburbs like Doncaster east and also Sunbury (for more space and country feel).

I would love something spacious, esp for kids who at the moment have huge garden. Don't want massive garden again (without gardener) but also don't wanna live on top of my neighbours!

Hmmm Tee, I don't know what part of Gauteng you living in, but for the last 32 years, it's been pretty constant, one weather per day hahahah. Believe me, Melbourne REALLy does have 4 seasons in 1 day.

Hmmm Tee, I don't know what part of Gauteng you living in, but for the last 32 years, it's been pretty constant, one weather per day hahahah. Believe me, Melbourne REALLy does have 4 seasons in 1 day.

Freezing and overcast in morning, crazy heat by midday, rain by the afternoon and chilly evening again? Gautengers never experienced this?

Some days I don't know what to wear!!! And don't plan a braai or kids party... the weather will keep u guessing all day! As for the 7 day forecasts, they have a 50/50 success rate in my book ;-)

As for Melbourne, as long as it isn't the dreary UK weather, rain all the time, never see the sun.. I'd jump from the roof!

Tee, we live right next to Doncaster. It is a beautiful area. There are tons of parks around here. I can almost guarantee you will find a house withing walking distance of some sort of park :unsure: Sunbury is also beautiful. You can check out photos in the communities section. There are quite a few of the areas.

Nice to see you here again, I had to go and check because I recognised your face but not your name and hadn't seen this thread!

Welcome back...

aaaw..you guys are really sweet!!

Well..im off to melbourne soon enough..packing and cleaning like crazy here as i have to be out the house by the 30th of May,,.. We putting our stuff in storage with britannia till our visa comes through...

..still deciding if i should rent a furnished flat for the last month...stay in cullinan at a friends weekend house..or squat by the inlaws for a month :rolleyes: ,,,this will cost me some bucks in itself as i will need to put a net on their pool as nika is 2...and stress stress.... :ilikeit: DO NOT WANT!!!!!!,,

Need to steam clean the couches and matresses before they pack us up....bought extra woolies undies and vests for all of us...HELP!!!!!!

You're doing great! I can see you have taken note of all the good advice on the forum, and I know you are already taking your Rescue Remedy, so you're on the right track :hug:

Good luck with all the decisions, the cleaning and the packing. Before you know it, the two months will be over, the visa will be granted and you will be on your way to Melbourne :hug:

You lucky Fish :thumbdown:

Pack a bit, :ilikeit:have a good glass of wine.

Think about the future, :ilikeit:have a good glass of wine.

Make some decisions, :whome:have a glass of wine.

Think about staying with the inlaws again, :)have a glass of wine.

Then have a glass of wine for your hard work! ;)

And I promise you the answer will come!

It works like a bomb! B)

Shout if we Gautengers could help with anything!!

Tee, we live right next to Doncaster. It is a beautiful area. There are tons of parks around here. I can almost guarantee you will find a house withing walking distance of some sort of park :ilikeit: Sunbury is also beautiful. You can check out photos in the communities section. There are quite a few of the areas.

Thanks a mill!

Will check out the communities section, have also seen lovely places on realestate.com.au but no hurry, we're not that close yet! In end will depend on work offers and must find a good primary school for 2 kiddies... will pop in again with questions when time comes, thanks :-)

• 1 month later...
Guest Gatvol Gewag

Hi elleneo Good luck with all the preparations to Melbourne.

We also decided on Melbourne after our LSD trip - me, hubby and 2year9months old boy. We decided last week we are Gatvol Gewag and changed our 175 to 176 (still to be lodged when receive skills assessment). Good luck to you and your family.

You lucky Fish :lol:

Pack a bit, :holy:have a good glass of wine.

Think about the future, :holy:have a good glass of wine.

Make some decisions, :holy:have a glass of wine.

Think about staying with the inlaws again, :holy:have a glass of wine.

Then have a glass of wine for your hard work! ;)

I think I am going to enjoy packing this way! :ilikeit: