We have PR!!!!!!

Oosie

We have it! Or is it a dream?

I arrived on a 457 here Ballarat Victoria beginning of June 2008 with the minimum amount of luggage. I stayed in a B&B for the first 6 weeks until my wife joined me middle of July 2008 where after we moved into a rental.

After the company that sponsored me was liquidated middle of October 2008 we had to face the challenge to find another sponsor within 28 days otherwise the way back to SA was on the cards.

I found a new sponsor and started 28 October 2008 at the new company. A manufacturing company with much more financial stability and with a better working environment.

In January 2009 we applied for PR (857) second time as our previous application was held back as a result of the first company going into liquidation.

The case officer came back with only one requirement – Ielts Exams. We drove 600 km to Adelaide on 3 April 2009 to write tests as the waiting lists in Melbourne were too long. We were pushed for time as our medicals done in SA expire end of April 2009.

This morning my wife opened the mail and saw we passed our Ielts exam. She scored 7 and I scored 7.5

This afternoon I got a phone call from our agent in Melbourne. He asked me to read my E-mails. There it was: PR!!!!!!!!!!!

This was really a challenge, or shall I say a miracle: I am turning 54 in August and my wife is 5 years younger than me. We have 2 married daughters. One with her husband and our granddaughter of 16 months also lives here in Ballarat. We are a team here but miss our other daughter and her husband in SA.

We would like to encourage everybody that is waiting and praying for Visas every day. Hang in there and have faith. We are very happy in Aus and feel very blessed to have PR now, after some rough road behind us.

Oosie (Hennie & Linda)

Hennie & Linda, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! This is wonderful, wonderful news! Particularly after the ordeal you have been thru! I am very happy for you and your family!

Here's to the rest of your blessed lives in Australia, may this be the beginning of the best to come!

:blink:

Wow Congratulations.

Your story is full of endurance and persiverance. Thank you for sharing - and giving us hope :blink::(

Karina

You really deserve that wonderful bit of news!!!

Congrats... and all the best...

red

Wow! What a story to tell! I guess someone is looking after you! So glad everything worked out for you guys!

:ilikeit:

Nice one Oosie. Thanks for sharing your story - I'm glad the uncertainty is over for you.

Enjoy it.

Cheers

Hennie & Linda

CONGRATULATIONS... well done you guys deserve it..

I don't think you realise what an inspiration your story is to all of us...

joefromsa

Congratulations :ilikeit::lol::lol::lol: You really deserve it. enjoy the celebrations

O wow!! Congrats!! Hope you have two bottles of bubbly ready! You surely had a tough ride!! :ilikeit::lol:

That's great! Congratulations! I'm really happy for you! :ilikeit:

Wow .... What an amazing journy you have been through.Well done !!

Congratulations :ilikeit: Wishing you everything of the best.

MelbourneGirl

Congratulations, you deserve it. Just shows you age is not a factor if you have the skills and the work experience they need.

Enjoy the feeling of PR.

Jill

Excellent news, gives those of us with siblings who are not so young anymore still in SA a glimmer of hope that they might still make it in on PR

Congratualtions on your determination guys. I agree everyone hang in there and have faith

Congrats Linda - that is GREAT news!

Nats

xxx

Wow - what an amazing story!! Well done and enjoy the feeling!!

Liesl

What a ride you've had! Congrats on not ever giving up. A real inspiration.

Happy PR :ilikeit::lol: