ONE STEP AT A TIME...

Good Witch

I LOVE THE PICS!!!!

Thanks... your house is just lovely!! I can see whay you had to have it.....

K

I LOVE THE PICS!!!!

Thanks... your house is just lovely!! I can see whay you had to have it.....

K

<_<

Hi Andi,

I have been waiting patiently to see some pics of Wagga Wagga, it's good to finaly see some.

I cannot get over how pristine everything looks! did you sweep and wash down the sidewalk before taking these shots? or did Hildegard the pixi witch have something to do with it?

Keep em coming! great stuff!!

Hi Andi,

I have been waiting patiently to see some pics of Wagga Wagga, it's good to finaly see some.

I cannot get over how pristine everything looks! did you sweep and wash down the sidewalk before taking these shots? or did Hildegard the pixi witch have something to do with it?

Keep em coming! great stuff!!

Hey T,

It was Hildegard... I'm pretty sure of it... :thumbdown:

An artist sees the world differently to other people. Their drawings are their interpretation of what they see. Herein apparently lies the key, to SEE... To see what the ordinary non-observant eye does not perceive is how the artist lifts the veil and interprets for us what lies beyond it.

I wish I could draw what I sometimes see...

On the way to my husband's work lives a tree. This is no ordinary tree, I sometimes think he is a shapeshifter, some days he looks like an owl, other days like a goblin... so I call him the Goblin-Owl tree. See for yourself!

IMG_2601.jpg

I started asking myself what does Goblin-Owl Tree represent to me? This tree has made a significant impression on me, significant enough for me to pause and to seek the lesson that it may bring into my life. So, I figured if an artist must learn to SEE what is around him, then surely that must include what the mundane eyes cannot perceive too? Subtle things, including the messages that these beings bring...

I have already mentioned that tree sometimes looks like an owl. It is said that a bird's wings and feathers make it a part of heaven, or at very least connects us to the Angelic and/or Fae kingdom beings. They are tools for prayers, petitions, and alignment with specific natural forces. At very least they are a call to unfold the wings of enchantment within our lives, reflecting new changes and leaps of consciousness that are about to unfold (or have perhaps already started to.)

Owl has much myth and mystery surrounding it. Being a nocturnal bird, it is shrouded in hidden wisdom and misunderstanding, even often fear... But, night only veils what is already there, it temporarily blinds us, and that can be frightening. Night-time can seem mysterious to us humans... "Owl is a symbol of the feminine, the moon, and the night. It has been called a cat with wings." I just loved that description by Ted Andrews in "Animal Speak." He also writes that the most predominant of all the superstitions surrounding Owl is its apparent ability to extract secrets! Being a bird of the night, and the night being long-held as the symbol of the darkness within - the place where humans hide their secrets.

Goblin (or Gnome) "came to symbolize the invisible beings who by inspiration, intuition, imagination and in dream makes visible things which are invisible. They exist within the human soul as flashes of knowledge, enlightenment or revelation. They are, as it were, the hidden soul of things." From the Penguin Dictionary of Symbols.

Okay, so we have a tree that is part-Owl who symbolizes the feminine, connects us to the heavenly realms and is possibly able to extract secrets... and part-Goblin who reveals the hidden things, the secrets we hide deep inside... Or maybe more specifically OUR individual secret, the one Rhonda Byrne called The Secret. Namely our ability to be, do or have anything we want, as soon as we learn how to step into our power and to take responsibility for everything we have created (or co-created) in our lives.

Or, maybe this is just a tree... nothing more.

As I said at the start of this post, Art it is all about how we SEE things. Perhaps life is a bit like that too... What do you think?

Hugz

Andi

Dunno about what Goblin-Owl Tree represents, but what a great pic!!

I love that tree!

Actually, it almost looks like a skeleton head with a grinning mouth and empty eye sockets to me, but thats probably 'cos I see them in my son's pirate toys all the time!

Dunno about what Goblin-Owl Tree represents, but what a great pic!!

I love that tree!

Actually, it almost looks like a skeleton head with a grinning mouth and empty eye sockets to me, but thats probably 'cos I see them in my son's pirate toys all the time!

LOL! I told you it's a 'shape-shifter!' Have another look later, you'll see something else, almost guaranteed! :whome:

Edited by Andi and Gunther

Two other views:

IMG_2602.jpg

and...

IMG_2603.jpg

OMG, view no 2 looks like a weird fish on spindly legs!

Hey, you really know how to get a converstation going, Andi!

Shark and an old woman....

Hmmm... Interesting...

OMG, view no 2 looks like a weird fish on spindly legs!

Hey, you really know how to get a converstation going, Andi!

Okay, look at pic number 3. The top of the 'head' has been cut off, but have a look, perhaps you can also see the owl... You can see Owl's eye-socket clearly, and to the left (slightly down) is the 'beak.' (Both the darker bits.)

Then, from her 'chest' protrudes an arm! Which is where she starts becoming a Goblin! Below the arm about mid-way down the visible part of the tree is the leg with a bent 'knee' as if walking. You can even see the landscape between this leg and the rest of the 'torso.'

Very, very cool, methinks...

:whome:

Can you see it too Polly?

Actually... Now pic number 2 looks like an elephant!

Jeez, I should stop smoking my socks! :whome::lol: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

What great pics - and pixies and goblins and knobbly trees !!

I see the owl, the goblin face - no sharks, elephants or old woman - pass the socks Andi !!

Thinking about taking a drive to Wagga Wagga - do you have any idea how long it will take ? And how far is that liqourish factory ??? Would love to visit it.

What great pics - and pixies and goblins and knobbly trees !!

I see the owl, the goblin face - no sharks, elephants or old woman - pass the socks Andi !!

Thinking about taking a drive to Wagga Wagga - do you have any idea how long it will take ? And how far is that liqourish factory ??? Would love to visit it.

Hiya Lyn,

Wagga is about a two hour drive from Canberra, maybe 2 and a half (or so I am told!) And the licorice factory is only about 30km's from here, in Junee.

Let me know if you decide to come thru, I'd love to have you over for a cuppa!

PS: Glad you also liked the tree! LOL!

Hugz

Andi

As I said at the start of this post, Art it is all about how we SEE things. Perhaps life is a bit like that too... What do you think?

Hey Andi...

Would have to agree with that... Life is always about how we SEE things.

The same thing on one day might seem so awful, and yet the next day... not so bad...

I think your pics are stunning... I love trees... especially one's like you've just taken...

There's a tree here in Adelaide that I just love... it has no leaves... and yet it still looks so strong...

Will go try find a pic...

Xxx

There's a tree here in Adelaide that I just love... it has no leaves... and yet it still looks so strong...

Hope you don't mind me posting a photo on your journal entry...

DSC05402.jpg

That's gorgeous Red! No, of course I don't mind! Thanks so much for posting a pic of this strong tree... I see he has an open 'eye,' kinda seems to be 'watching' what's going on around him. :unsure: Can you see it too? Very, very cool tree, what a beaut!

xxx

**Edited to add: Red, interesting that both our character trees are dead! Mine was struck by lightening, you can see how burnt the core of the tree is (2nd tree pic.) The greenery in the pics belongs to the gum trees around it.

Edited by Andi and Gunther

hi andy

exceptionally beautiful. and definately a shapeshifter.

reminds me of the book "indaba,listen my children" by vusimakulu credo mutwa.

as per black mythology,the first creation of GOD,was a woman whom was consumed by a tree.and this was the begining of all species on earth.

on pic 2 and 3 it "appears" as the torso of the woman is already engulfed by the tree the lowe branches are her hands with her legs fused together still outside the tree.

is the trunk hollow right to "the pigeon hole"?

hi andy

exceptionally beautiful. and definately a shapeshifter.

reminds me of the book "indaba,listen my children" by vusimakulu credo mutwa.

as per black mythology,the first creation of GOD,was a woman whom was consumed by a tree.and this was the begining of all species on earth.

on pic 2 and 3 it "appears" as the torso of the woman is already engulfed by the tree the lowe branches are her hands with her legs fused together still outside the tree.

is the trunk hollow right to "the pigeon hole"?

Abdule, I LOVE your Goddess-tree vision of this tree! That sits very well with me, thanks! :ilikeit: God/dess speaks to me in many ways, this is yet another... I just love it when the feminine aspect of divinity shines thru to remind us that God is too large to be limited, despite the popular opinion that God is a 'He,' I do believe that God is a S/He... (and so much more than that of course.)

The tree is entirely hollow inside, charred black from the lightning. It must have been one heck of a lightening strike! The 'bulbous' exterior on the opposite side (visible as the bulk of the trunk in pic one) seems to be as a direct result of the lightening assault on the tree. It makes for a seriously interesting and beautiful tree methinks! Hmmm it goes to show, there is beauty in most thing, including death... if we care to look and SEE.

Do you have access to that particular African Creation Myth in electronic format? And if so, would you be willing to email it to me (or send me the link)? It would be a good one to study and possibly include in the next 101 that I offer when I am ready to start teaching Metaphysics et al again.

Hugz

Andi

PS: Did you manage to catch-up with JoeFromSA yet?

• 5 months later...

Does anyone have contact information for Good Witch (Andi & Gunther), as I see she is banned so a PM will probably not reach her.

She is on facebook Navigator... send me a message with your details and I will pass them on to her if you wish.

red