National broadband network

Biltongboer

I agree with you louw. It'll only be a couple of month's until leave my measly 3Mbps connection for nice beefy 24Mbps. Yeehaaawww.

I hope you guys are not to disappointed when you get here and find that you cannot get get the 24MBps. Unless you guys are moving to central Sydney dont get your hopes up.

We are a measly 70km from a major city like Perth, and we cannot get ADSL 2, nor LiveNet. Our exchange is too "Rural" for anything faster than 8mbps. But to be truth ful we can only afford the 1.5mbps option.

I hope you guys are not to disappointed when you get here and find that you cannot get get the 24MBps. Unless you guys are moving to central Sydney dont get your hopes up.

We are a measly 70km from a major city like Perth, and we cannot get ADSL 2, nor LiveNet. Our exchange is too "Rural" for anything faster than 8mbps. But to be truth ful we can only afford the 1.5mbps option.

Heh, you don't need to be in central Sydney for the 24 Mbits/s ADSL 2+.

We are getting it through iiNet in the suburbs NOR. Costs $69 per month for the first 16 GB, after that it reverts to 2Mbits/s with no cap. There is an APA in the modem where I've plugged a regular phone, and all local and national calls are free. All international calls are at roughly Skype rates. Comes with a local phone number.

You aren't by any chance with Tel$tra?