Doctors in Oz

Guest TazinOz

Guest TazinOz

Hi All,

My husband and I with our 2 boys plan to make the move to Oz by end Aug 2009. My husband is a GP and was offered a job at a practice in Point Cook. They will be sponsoring us on a 422 Visa.

I'd like to know if there are any other doctors who went over on this visa. It seems that there is such a strict admissions process that we have to follow.

He initially had to wite the AMC MCQ exams which he did in Canberra in Novemebr last year. He also completed the academic IETLS exam. We now have to complete an assessment which has to be reviewed by the RACGP. We then have to apply for an interview with the Victoria Medical Board which also means that he has to fly over again if they prefer to do the interview in person and not telephonically. Only then can he apply for a Provider number which allows him to Practice as a Doctor in Oz.

His employers are not very keen to give us a time frame which makes it extremely difficult for us to make our decisions on this side. We have a business and property to sell. I also have to give a terms notice at my kids school which I extended twice already. We started this process in May last year.

Is it normal for the process of a 422 visa to take so long.

I would appreciate any comments

Thanks

Taz

Hi Taz

Did you look on this web site http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/medical-pra...-practitioners/ . If all fails why not go for a 175 or a 121 vsa as these PR visa's, as a doctor is he on the CSL and I am sure he will not have a problem, and then the application might go quicker.

wayne

Hi All,

My husband and I with our 2 boys plan to make the move to Oz by end Aug 2009. My husband is a GP and was offered a job at a practice in Point Cook. They will be sponsoring us on a 422 Visa.

I'd like to know if there are any other doctors who went over on this visa. It seems that there is such a strict admissions process that we have to follow.

He initially had to wite the AMC MCQ exams which he did in Canberra in Novemebr last year. He also completed the academic IETLS exam. We now have to complete an assessment which has to be reviewed by the RACGP. We then have to apply for an interview with the Victoria Medical Board which also means that he has to fly over again if they prefer to do the interview in person and not telephonically. Only then can he apply for a Provider number which allows him to Practice as a Doctor in Oz.

His employers are not very keen to give us a time frame which makes it extremely difficult for us to make our decisions on this side. We have a business and property to sell. I also have to give a terms notice at my kids school which I extended twice already. We started this process in May last year.

Thanks

Taz

Hi Taz

I don't know about the 422 visa, but I can say I work in a medical practice in rural N.S.W. and I know applying for a provider number can take up to 3 months if not longer, because the practice has to do documents then you have to give copies of all your papers etc. Hope this helps.

Cheers

Hi All,

Thanks

Taz

Hi

The 422 visa should not take longer than 3 mths.You should get your case officers e mail and communicate regularly with them.You can apply for your provider no from there.You can also try to do the Vic board interview telephonically.This can be done.The 422 is preferred by many sponsors prior to ens.

cheers